1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 May 2011 System Update

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by asrgames, May 26, 2011.

1. asrgames

asrgames Regular member

Does anyone know which systems are having the problems with the new update? Does it have to do with the model or what? I really don't wanna update my consoles if it's gonna make my systems not play or read games anymore. I know Microsoft is replacing consoles if the update kills your system, but who knows how long it will take them to get it to you.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

A very small minority of consoles. If your system freezes after the update, Microsoft is "supposed" to contact you asap (by sending a email to your 360), which is stupid because how can you receive it if the system is frozen?? If it does freeze you can phone or e-mail them right away and give them shit, they should give you a free slim 360 w/ 250 GB HDD. Say your console was perfectly fine before the update, and they should (better) replace it for free and cover all costs + shipping.

1 or 2 days before the update, my system all of a sudden starting freezing during multiplayer games, and I got the 3 red rings. Never happened to me before. I cleared the system cache, which seemed to help, and after the official update I haven't had any problems. I was hoping for a new 360 though :D.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  3. wayne2424

wayne2424 Member

Well they won't help you if ur system is modded even thoughn it's their fault