1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 May 26, 2011 update. Cant play any back up discs.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by yeahimhk, May 27, 2011.

1. yeahimhk

yeahimhk Member

Hello, I just updates my xbox today and it took about 5 minutes. I cannot play any of my back ups. I can still play the originals though. I tried the boot disc too. That doesnt work either. Microsoft has put in some thing that flashes the drives or something.

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

LOL, guess you should have got online and looked before you updated.

New dash flashes your firmware back to stock. Only regular games (not backups) will boot.

3. psycho86

psycho86 Member

have the same problem. updated my xbox now it wont play backups can someone please help only jusy bought xbox from ebay a month ago and only paid for a e74 repair a week ago, not having great luck. do i have to reflash drive or is there a better solution.

HELP!

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

YYou can flash but you can't go on live or it will reflash back to stock.

5. ec00360

ec00360 Member

you cant reflash due to the update hides the keys unless u already have your keys then you will be able to flash it.i reflashed mine back to original and then updated i tried to pull the keys again to see what would happen and it could not find the keys luckly i had my keys and after the update i flashed it with lt+ firmware and have been playing online for a week now.if you stored your keys before the update then u can reflash it.if not then u will have to wait until someone can get around it.

6. Paschalos

Paschalos Member

There Is A Way Try Reflashing it With LT+ or Wait For LT 2.0 The update just puts the original firmware on your drive

7. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

you can now dump your dvd key with the new stock fw with the new jungleflasher version

8. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

edit (double post)

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  9. riza2405

riza2405 Member

hi guys! i have this huge problem after updating my xbox and i cant play anymore my backup discs.. i mean only the original ones.. please help what can i do? do i need to wait for e new firmwire to come out or something.. this just ruined everything.. thnx

10. mikemoran

mikemoran Member

how do i find my keys and what does this mean i have not updated but i want to get my ''keys'' then update and then re flash my drive so i can play online again, can some body please help me
    thanks

11. mikemoran

mikemoran Member

where do i find the dvd key????

12. cooll903

cooll903 Regular member

you find you key in the FW but if you have updated to the new dashboard you have to wait till LT+ 2.0 comes out because the key is hidden

13. romis222

romis222 Member

i have the same problem xbox wont run the games anymore,do i have to get it to be flashed or is there solution?

14. mikemoran

mikemoran Member

no i have not updated thats what i mean, i want to know how to find the key so io can update and then reflash and use the key so i can still play mod games? is that the way to do it ? sorry im new to most of this
    thanks

15. 3boo0D

3boo0D Member

hey

please help

i updat my xbox but now i cant play backup i see you talk abuot the flash but i donn know what is the flash please someone help me this is my emile boo0oob@live.com cuz i cant Receive any messages from this wep site

16. rev53jim

rev53jim Member

I am in the same boat as others,Aloud a update be put On my 360 of a game I had rented and now can not play backups. Was able to find on some bin files dummy,Identify,Inquiry,key,Ser. Have a DG-16D2S driver But just don't know were to start and what to do from here. Wondering if there is a step by step tutorial out there to get driver back to playing backups

17. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

and why are you posting in a year old thread? Read the new threads as this has been discussed 10,000 times

18. rev53jim

rev53jim Member

I am sure it has. was just looking for a place to start and haven't used this site for a very long time. Thank you so much for you positive and intelligent answer. Did find something.