1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 mod chips

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by stylist99, Aug 29, 2007.

1. stylist99

stylist99 Member

Hi,
    I am new to this and just got an xbox 360, I was looking on line for a mod chip for it, can anyone recommend one that doesn't have to be soldered. I'm not sure what to do when I do get one, so any information will be appreciated.
    Thank you

2. budro

budro Regular member

don't use a modchip. do a firmware mod. on this website, search "xbox 360 firmware mod" in the search bar (seen above)

3. stylist99

stylist99 Member

thank you, I will check that out.

4. budro

budro Regular member

no problem :D. if you run into any problems or question not discussed in other forums, post here and I'll do the best to answer them.

5. stylist99

stylist99 Member

I finally got something like "Xbox 360 mod for dummies", I haven't had a chance yet to go over it, but since I know nothing at all about this, I hope it has it spelled out for me. lol I would like to make back ups of my games, I've already had some ruined, and they are very expensive!
    Thanks again

6. budro

budro Regular member

1st: always use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs. 2: use xbox backup creator 2.5 to rip game. 3: install ImgBurn and open up the game.dvd file and burn it to disc at as close to 2x as possible.

also, to find out how to (or if you even can) mod your 360, you'll need to find out what brand and what ROM version of the DVD drive in your 360. google for more info on that.

7. stylist99

stylist99 Member

Thank you, I appreciate any and all advice on this. I will try this and see how it goes. So it won't work if I use something like clone dvd?
    Thanks again!

8. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

I use clonecd to burn and that works like a charm. Remember, stick with a pioneer burner and you wont have to worry about book types.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  9. stylist99

stylist99 Member

okay, I'll try that it sounds a lot easier.
    thank you again. so I need to do a firmware update and then burn my games with clone cd? It sounds pretty easy. Do you happen to know where to go to get the firmware update? I don't want to get the wrong one and mess something up.
    thank you again for all your help

10. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

i dont think i can post a link on here but if you would go to google and search for it, im sure you will find it.

11. LLSMUVG

LLSMUVG Member

What about modding the xbox elite? i have had this system for a month and can't find too much on the web / Google about soft modding or chip modding.I am completly LOST. i don't know the firmware or the drive of the system, because i have not opened up my system yet; but from what i have seen on the net, my drive seems to look like the toshiba? drive. and i know the LOT# number, and manufactures date. from the box. the system is brand new.
    Help please, lead me to brighter pastures.

pls & thx

12. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

well you have to establish what drive you have first in order to do anything. So open it up and find out. Then you can search it and see if any firmware has been released yet for your drive.