1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 motherboard power sockets?? help please

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by newbie234, Dec 15, 2007.

1. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

ji,
    ive posted questions relating to this in other threads but i need some help fairly soon with this so i tohught i'd start a enw thread.

i have no idea about what power sockets there are on the xbox 360 motherboard. and at the moment i havemy Disc drive and my black knight chameleon case LED's running off the disc drives power supply/socket using a splitter type adapter....is this OK? is there an alternative power socket i could use for the case LED's?

i have purchased a XCM Core cooler fan and the gukde says this also uses the disc drives power socket...surely this is not good for the motheboard as it could even be a risk of a fire...are tehre any other poer sockets on the motherboard that i can use to power my XCM core cooler fan and/or my Black Knight Chameleon case LED's?

i could really use soem help with this as i dont weant to break my 360 by using the same power supply for all 3 of these things.

thanks

2. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

anyone?

3. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

surely someoen must know if the motherboard ahs more pwoer sconnectors or if its Ok to use the DVD Drive power supply for 3 things?

4. SpeedX100

SpeedX100 Member

the LED's will draw minimum current so these would not be an issue, im not sure bout the core cooler fan but if it says use the disc drive power i would assume its fine and just neglect the power the LED's use as there is no risk of them overloading any power supply (so long as its not 1000 LED's)

hope this helps

5. newbie234

newbie234 Regular member

hi,

thanks ofr the replu..id guess maybe theres 20 LED's? i really dont know if this can make a differecne to the disc drives power.

my talismoon fas are running fine on the stock fan power supply but i have no idea where i could possible put the core cooler fan...i have been told on other forums you shoulsdnt even touch the disc drives power supply and leave one direct connection.
    but il leave the LED's for the moment and concentrate on the fan.

if you have any more info it would be a great help.

thanks