1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 noisy upon statup is this normal?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pel32665, Jan 19, 2007.

1. pel32665

pel32665 Member

Hello,

I have had my xbox 360 for about a month now and over the past month when I start up the xbox 360 it makes an extremely loud noise like the drive is spinning up to speed which is extremely noisy. The noise seems to be getting louder each time I turn it on and sometimes the noise last for about 5 minutes before it begins to diminish. I have had two occasions where the unit did not boot up I got the red circle on the counsel instead of the green circle, I had to turn the unit off and restart it and then it would boot up and play but was still extremely loud. Is it normal for the xbox 360 to be this loud?

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Yes it is normal, well at least mine is loud! Was the circle red/ all 4 lights are just 3 if it was 3 I would try to get it exchanged as you have a problem with your console! DO NOT GO THEW M$ as they will just end up giveing you a used so called refurbushed broken console!

~Domreis

3. pel32665

pel32665 Member

Thanks for the information. I will check closely next time the 360 starts and displays the red lights.

4. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

If you got your Console less than 30 days ogo try to get an exchange, tell the clerck that there are 3 red lights on start up every now and thn? Do you know if you have a Hitachi or Samsung drive?

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Member

how do you know what kind of drive you've got.
    how do you check it?

6. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

7. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

The 360 dvd drive shoudnt be noisy unless you have a disc in, if theres no discs and youre getting noise on boot, its more likely the fans
    Sometimes the red light can be caused by the video cable not being connected fully too
    I got a whisper neon green fan, Big difference, highly recommend.

8. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

No... there was a problem with the sammy drtives stealing to much power on start up... thats why I asked him what drive he had...