1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 Noob! Would Appreciate Feeback!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by thakidd, Apr 6, 2007.

1. thakidd

thakidd Member

Hey Guys, First i want to start off by saying that this thread is reall helpful! I'm receiving a xbox 360 on monday and it will be equipped with one of the xtreme flashes (which version i don't know because i havent seen the dvd drive;)...i'm also recieving the Samsung SH-D162 DVD-ROM Drive flashed with Kreon .81 firmware. The huge problem i have is that i want to be able to create backups off original xbox 360 games...i know that i have to get the Verbatim DVD+R DL DVDs...but i'm concerned of what dvd burner to use...i have an LG GSA-H10A which has the dual layer and bit setting feature...but i know that if i have a samsung drive in the 360 that i just have to have a dvd burner that is capable of dual-layering...my main question is...will the lg work to do the backups?...or am i better off buyin the pionneer 112d, because i dont want to spend unnecessary money if the LG can do the job...so does anyone know???? thanks in advance.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

Yes the LG will Work a Moderator over at 360mods uses the same exact one, just make sure your firmware on the burner is up to date :)

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

hey whats up man, just to let you in on some feedback, i have a samsung drive in my 360, i also have the sh-d162c drive and i also have a lg burner, and so far no coasters!! so i think your good. i even use memorex dual layers, using them for 8 mos or so and i still have yet have a problem. hope this helps

4. thakidd

thakidd Member

You Guys Are Great! with the feedback...more feedback appreciated!

5. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

MEMOREX wow, from what i no it is the shitiest brand ever to touch a so called "brand name". IDK futureshop bestbuy sells them. I guess they make pure profit off them.

6. navsav

navsav Regular member

Watchout for memorex - they work good for a while adn I found they start giving you the dirty disk error. Then you end up having to burn again. Plus according to the media websites these are 3rd class disks.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

that i y i use verbatim. spend the extra dollars but not burn ur 360's drive. thats all im scared of.

8. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

that i y i use verbatim. spend the extra dollars but not burn ur 360's drive. thats all im scared of.