1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 not reading the controller.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Flash82, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Flash82

Flash82 Member

This is weird. So i've taken apart my xbox 360 to mod the shell.(side note)

I've got half the shell on and the other half(part that covers drive) off.

Im just trying to see whos online. In the process I notice when I have a game in, it wont even read me pressing the controler to go to the dash board. I press everything, nothing works.

I take out the game, and boot the xbox 360 up. it reads my controller fine. I open my tray again put the game in and it now does not read me pressing any button on the controller....

So I take my hard drive(ORINAL ONE THAT CAME WITH MY OPENED UP SYSTEM) and put it on another xbox 360 and everything works fine, reads my controlers and all.

So im thinking.......

Then I use a totaly seperate xbox hard drive and put it on the xbox 360 that wont read my controler and for some reason everything works fine. Reads my conrolers and everyhing...

So to sum it up, my opened up xbox will not read my controllers with the original hard drive atached.....

Anyone have any clue what's going on?

2. Flash82

Flash82 Member

Did some more troubleshooting and I just reformated my hard drive and now it works....If this isn't already in some trouble shooting FAQ here, I would add it :)