1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 on Lcd monitor

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chemisics, Apr 9, 2007.

1. chemisics

chemisics Member

I'm buying a new LCD monitor to run xbox 360 on it. But at the same time will be using the same monitor for PC purposes.

The only way that let me switch both at one turn is the vga splitter and I am wondering if a VGA splitter is indeed a good way. I do not know if there will be any poor graphics due to the vga not connected directly but rather to a vga splitter box.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  3. Kasper45

Kasper45 Member

New LCD screens now come with 2 inputs. One the standard VGA and the other DVI input for better quallity. I run my 360 through the VGA input while my PC runs on the higher quallity DVI. Ask or check to see what your new LCD monitor has for inputs and that may help make your decision of which on to buy easier.

~Sully

4. chemisics

chemisics Member

5. Kasper45

Kasper45 Member

My LCD has an INPUT button on the bottom of it that I use to switch back and forth.

6. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

If a LCD has DVI and VGA outputs, then it will surely have a button to switch between those two outputs.,

I have one such monitor and it does the job perfectly.

7. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

A steimy: Thanks for those links, I was just about to start a thread on the same subject.

EDIT: Chemisics, how much does that monitor cost? ..I really like it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  8. chemisics

chemisics Member

To Sandwich1, that monitor is only 20". I prefer the 22" but a little pricey. In Singapore it costs $499 for the former and $599 for the latter. I can see the price vary in other countries but one thing for sure is the price will drop in a matter of time.

9. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

I think for a monitor like that that's not expencive at all...but I'd still rather wait for the plasma TVs.

10. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

11. Sandwich1

Sandwich1 Guest

It's made by Gateway, so it's probaply going to last you about 2 years. lol....just kidding.

12. BryanNH_3

BryanNH_3 Regular member

why spoend that much for a measly 20" screen whjen you can get a 42" for $850 plus shipping!!!!!!!!! Look for Olevia 342i on the internet!!!

13. steimy

steimy Active member

Look at online electronics stores like Newegg.com, Tigerdirect.com or Fry's
    You can get a bigger, better LCD TV that will serve the same purpose and cost $100 less then that Gateway listed above.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889022020
    like that for example, which has VGA input , component inputs and if you get the 360 Elite it also has the HDMI input.
    Look around before you buy because higer end TV's like LCD and PLasma will usually give you a wider variety of options for the same or less money. Plus they are all made for multiple components and always have easy menu's or buttons for switching them.