1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 open tray error I HAVE TRIED RUBBERBAND AND PIECE OF PLASTIC TRICK

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by slim9428, May 6, 2007.

1. slim9428

slim9428 Guest

i keep getting the Xbox 360 open tray error, I HAVE TRIED RUBBERBAND AND PIECE OF PLASTIC TRICK. I asked someone i new and they said get a new laser, if i got a new laser would that fix this? I know i ask alot of questions up here but i wanna make sure i get everything correct, i have searched the open tray error and all the people tell me is rubberband trick or the piece of plastic trick but i have tried this and no luck. Would a new laser fix this or what else would fix this?

ok i have a hitachi 47d and its flashed with maximus garyopa v2.2. ALL ORIGINALS WORK PERFECT AND NONE OF MY BACKUPS WORK THEY JUST GET OPEN TRAY. I USE VERBATIM DL DVDS I HAVE A PIONEER 112D, AND I BURNED AT 2.4X. SORRY FOR NOT PROVIDING IT EARLIER

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2007
  2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

DID u try flashing it with the latest firmware? and what drive is it?

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeah lol

rubber band trick is the dumbest thing u can do. we are past that now.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

How about providing some info?

- what model drive
    - what firmware
    - media used
    - what speed burnt at
    - how long has this been happening
    - does it affect all games

And yes, the rubberband trick is old.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  5. slim9428

slim9428 Guest

ok i have a hitachi 47d and its flashed with maximus garyopa v2.2. ALL ORIGINALS WORK PERFECT AND NONE OF MY BACKUPS WORK THEY JUST GET OPEN TRAY. I USE VERBATIM DL DVDS I HAVE A PIONEER 112D, AND I BURNED AT 2.4X. SORRY FOR NOT PROVIDING IT EARLIER

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2007
  6. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

your ogrinal work but not backups after flashing.

has to be 1 of 2: u didnt flash the hacked FW, instead u flashed orginal back on by accident. or problems with all ur backups.

7. slim9428

slim9428 Guest

yea i think i will try re-flashing before i get a new laser. that rubberband crap is the stupidest thing ever

8. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Flash with OPA 2.3 Stealth Revision 2 and burn your backups on Verbatim DVD+R DL discs at 4x. This will solve your problem.

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Did your backups use to work but no longer do now, or is this your first attempt?

And I second what PS2 suggested.

10. slim9428

slim9428 Guest

they neverr worked, this is my first tries

11. davidml3

davidml3 Member

Id do this. Chances are you didnt flash correctly. How do I know this? Because I had the same problem as you. Reason it didnt flash is because my CMD was missing the Autoexec.nt file and it didnt flash the 360 at all.

12. burnin1

burnin1 Regular member

I recently flashed my 360 with ixtreme 1.2, and keep getting open tray error too. Then reflashed after making sure I had newest iprep def. and Ixtreme fw. And still get open tray. (flash w/ usb iprep and everything unplugged)

TS ms25 hd
    using Verbatims a 4x burn with XBC. Checked my backups with xdvdmulleter and they are an exact copy as original. Any different fw was I could try? Or something I could try?

13. emachine

emachine Guest

You have the rev C fast?

14. burnin1

burnin1 Regular member

Yeah thats the one ixtreme v1.2 A(fast) rev C. Tried the rubberband trick too, didnt work though.

15. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

Hi there folks, im from Argentina, and my xbox360 is modded, so i dont have the official service :p

I have problems with my year old samsung drive, it detects the game PERFECTLY but it returns to the dashboard 10 or 20 seconds later (some games lasts for about a minute, its random...) and its driving me crazy!! ive fixed my xbox 3rings of death with the xclamp fix and NOW THIS?? i canĀ“t believe that micro$oft made this s#i77y console!! its amazing...

I need some help please! i made the rubberband fix but it never worked... im looking forward to tweak the lens with some calibration, but i dont have the tools right now (im not the "technic") LoL

Well my friends i hope someone can lend me a tip... (and sorry for my english, thx a lot)