1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360/orb/tv streaming

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jonkytonk, Apr 23, 2007.

1. jonkytonk

jonkytonk Member

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but will give it a shot.

I have recently set up orb to access my media through my xbox 360 and see you can stream p2p tv through it. I have got this to work with a standard orb tv station (ESPN) but was wondering if anyone knows where to get a list of URLs for other channels inparticular those streaming football such as ESPN Hong Kong and Star Sports?

Many thanks in advance for any help

2. mumbles

mumbles Guest

hey jonkytonk

i can't seem to find a streaming URL off of espnstar.com that'd provide what you're talking about, unfortunately, and have never used any of the get-satellite-feeds-online sites (so i don't know if they have a stream that can easily be added to your Orb index via the Add Custom top-nav item within TV)

finding good internet TV to watch through Orb, other than the stations auto-provided with the app, i find to be a challenge - mostly i just stream youtube videos through Orb to my phone

let me know what you find!

3. jonkytonk

jonkytonk Member

Trying to solve my own problem this seems to work:

Run Sopcast and the channel you wish to stream right click on the picture and within properties copy the location line (http://127.0.0.1:8902/ in mine - not sure if this would be the case for everyone).
    Now in orb add a channel in favourites called Sopcast using the location as the URL.
    You will now be able to stream this on your 360 in videos.

Only just figured this out but early days it seems very temperamental.

Only other solutions much appreciated!!

4. jonkytonk

jonkytonk Member

Trying to solve my own problem this seems to work:

Run Sopcast and the channel you wish to stream right click on the picture and within properties copy the location line (http://127.0.0.1:8902/ in mine - not sure if this would be the case for everyone).
    Now in orb add a channel in favourites called Sopcast using the location as the URL.
    You will now be able to stream this on your 360 in videos.

Only just figured this out but early days it seems very temperamental.

Any other solutions much appreciated!!