1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Payment Method Bricking Fix

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by PLAGUExxNINJA, Jun 24, 2015.

1. PLAGUExxNINJA

PLAGUExxNINJA Newbie

Hello all! A friends kid has a newer Xbox 360 slim, and it will not go online or work unless the payment method is updated. The problem is that they purchased it from Ebay, from a previous owner. When contacting the person, they stated they forgot how to get on to their account and change the payment method. Now the kid has a bricked Xbox 360. I have restored the system to factory and looked over many Youtube tutorials. Apparently there was a promotion in which you could get a new 360 for 99 dollars, but had to purchase a certain amount of Xbox Live time. Is there a way to hack around this, and truly reset the 360? I would really like to fix this instead of selling it for parts.

-Thanks-

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

What do you mean by "its bricked"? Are you trying to use his gamertag?

3. PLAGUExxNINJA

PLAGUExxNINJA Newbie

I am not trying to use his gamertag. No profiles exist but the kid who bought it from Ebay. You cannot get rid of the update payment method unless the original owner updates it. He was contacted, but cant remember the account info. You cant play games on it until you update the payment method which is not possible because the kid is not the original owner of the 360. I just want to know if there is a way to do a true factory reset, as if it came straight out of the box.

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

bricked means the console is dead, the console is not bricked

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You do know that you can't play online without an Xbox Live Gold account, which isn't free? So if the kid's account is only silver and you tried to play online it's clear that you get asked for payment information. You can play offline though.

6. richietea

richietea Regular member

If there is no passwords set on the console then just restore to defaults.Delete the main profile.Create another of your choosing either offline or online then setup your own account details for your profile.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

What the last two posters said.However if you want to game online for free then your only option is an rgh modchip & then play on LiNK

8. richietea

richietea Regular member

I may of been a little too quick with the response or doubting myself.Looked through similar/same situations on another forum.Seems many people have had this problem and it lies with the credit card holder either having a pending transaction/purchase or failed auto renewal left on a credit card.So it cannot be "just removed" the card details have to be updated to something valid.If the original OP is still out there i believe he could create an xbox live account online with 1 months silver,gold and take auto renew off if he decided to use online gaming.Download the gamertag to the console with username/password.However people have still been stopped using xbox live a few moths later,even with pre-paid cards as the failed or pending transaction still exists on that particular console.Then its a case of calling Microsoft support to have those transactions and the failed account removed off the console.