1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 pc problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by slingbox, Feb 23, 2007.

1. slingbox

slingbox Member

Hi

I am wanting to stream my media from my computer running xp pro sp2 to my xbox 360 via ethrnet (direct connection) but i am getting the following error on my computer (limted or no connecttivity) and the eroo message on the console ( your console failed to negatiate a lease with your dhcp server) this test confirms that your console has a valid ip address. if your console does not pass this test confirm that there are no other devies on your network with the same ip address. this being a direct connection ther are no other devies on the newtork.

if any one can help me resolve this problem it would be much apperiated.

kind regards Jacob

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you need Windows Media Player OS in order to connect to the Xbox 360.

3. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

you can do it with windows xp with windows meadia player 11,Zune and some other...but i could never get it to work lol

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you need a crossover cable i think, and you just need to make sure that your firewall is off so that it can transfer stuff

5. reppin519

reppin519 Regular member

so a cross over cable..ill still get live with that?and when i get one it will see my pc then? thanks

6. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

The Winsock is corrupted on your OS. If the limited or not connectivity icon is popping up in the bottom corner of your screen, this is the cause. You can download a utility by Option Explicit software called WinsockFix or VB_WinFix. Google it and run it. Restart your computer and see if it fixes your problem.