1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 RAR files don't extract

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Pen16, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Pen16

Pen16 Member

I am new to modding the xbox 360 but have come successful so far. I have flashed the drive and am ready to burn the games but the games I have downloaded from sites like piratebay mininova don't extract right. I have spent days downloading these large files through azureus and when i finally get them, the RAR archive doesn't extract right. Every time I try to extract them I get a CRC error. The thing is that the post after the torrent say it works fine and it seems to work fine with everybody else, and it's not like it's just one file. I got halo 3, assassin's creed, mass effect, call of duty 4, and kane and lynch, and all of the archives give that same message. It can't be the file because it works with everybody else.

I have used 7-zip, and WinRAR. I have found the uniextracter from this site and will try that.

I even tried using a RAR archive repair tool, I don't even think that would work but i used it as a last ditch effort. The program said there was nothing wrong.

I searched and found another thread and they said to download the file again because sometimes errors occur when downloading but they were talking about rapidshare and not a torrent file. I don't think this is the case with torrent files and clients.

Like I said before I use Azureus and have never had an problems before and I know it is highly regarded. I just don't know the problem and would love some help. Thanks in advance.

2. Pen16

Pen16 Member

Does it make a difference if your doing something taxing on your computer while you extract?

3. Pen16

Pen16 Member

I have been messing with it for like 2 days straight now and watched it. The rar programs give crc errors on different files every time. It seems like the program is going too fast or something, I managed to unrar mass effect successfully, one out of the 50 times. and burnt and it works but I still want to fix this.