1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 rips free method

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by momhoener, Jun 16, 2007.

1. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

I have done this procedure many times without any thing happening and it worked for me but just incase you break something it's not my fault for anything you may do to harm yourself or your pc drive. Please also only make bacups legaly.

Ok. So now you have a xbox 360 and are wanting to be able to backup your home made games.
    First you must download and install Wxripper. Put a dvd video in your drive with a bigger size of memory or data on the disc then your 360 game.

Second open Wxripper.

third select hotswap then find magic number.

forth select hotswap then stop drive.

now take a paper clip or allen key or any thin pointy object and look for a small hole near beneath or close to your disc tray. Slowly not to forcefully push the thin pointy object in the hole until the drive opens slightly. pull the rest of the drive open with your fingers.

then swap the dvd with the xbox 360 game disc.

Now you may think your going to break your drive but move the tray halfway shut then push preatty forcefully so the momentum closes it all the way. Now don't punch it but don't baby it either.

in wxripper select spin drive

then select file start dump

there you have now just ripped a game without having to void any drives warranty or flashing with the kreon firmware.

I take no credit for this guide for using the wxripper. mabye somebody else also found this first and i'm just restating it for them.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

old news!

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

dang man thats really old. you should have searched hotswap method before you posted! lol

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

he said someone may have found it before him and he takes no credit for it.

5. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

lol, mike is in town!

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

reported. off topic.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i just want to point out that if you are reading here fudpucker didn't get suspended just for that one little comment! because thats what i thought and it makes the mods look bad! but he was giving random comments else where:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/522303#3161444

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- i don't look bad :p
    but yes there were other threads that earnt said poster a short vacation

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

im glad i didnt decide to argue with him like i did last time he wanted to act this way.

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Well, I give ya an "A" for your willingness to try and contribute to the scene... but a "D-" for your follow through.

If you say this is what you did to sucessfully create a working backup, I'm going to have to call you out on it. If some other beginner came alone, saw your post, and tried to make a backup following this, you would've just cost them a dual layered disc.

What about extracting and reinserting the security info? Without it, the rip is worthless.

11. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

sorry about the follow up. anyway to fully make your games use ful and stelthed you must then download the ss fils the pfi files then the video files. then inject them with xbox backup creator. download it somwhere. just use image tools tab to select each file in each button to inject into your iso. then burn with img burn with the settings at tools then settings then click the write tab botton and set layer brake to user specified then type in 1913760 for your 360 games. You must then booktype your burner to burn your dvd+r dl to dvd-rom. to do this click the little book icon in the lower right corner of the main screen then pick your burner then click change for DVD+R DL then change to DVD-rom then presto your butn should now be stealthed and a working backup of your game

12. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

sorry but I definatly had to add this you must also download and inject the dmi files for your game aswell sorry for the edit.