1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Xbox 360 Slim Mods. LT3.0 or J-TAG?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Shaheer Akhtar, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Shaheer Akhtar

Shaheer Akhtar Newbie

Hi guys! I have an Xbox Slim 4Gb and I have been using it since 3 Years. Soon after I bought it, I got it J-Tagged. I can buy pirated CD's which are very cheap and work just like the genuine one's. I bought an Xbox Hardrive and I usually install my games into it. But I cannot play online.

Previously I had not wanted to go online as I did not know much about Xbox Live. But now, I would like to start gaming online, but do not want to buy Original Xbox discs as they are costly. A friend of mine told (from his personal experience) that if I got LT3.0, I could go online without having to use the original game discs but I could no longer install games into my Hardrive. But that is not the problem. The problem is that I heard that if I get Lt3.0 and go online, my Xbox might get banned and that I will no longer be able to play it even offline. Is this true?

I do not know much about hacking so please try to write your answer in simple wording. If there is any other solution, then please also mention that. Note that I would like a hack which can go online, without the need to get Original game discs. If I could also, along with these things install the games into my hardrive, then that would just be great.
    Thank you in advance for your precious time! I hope that I have made my problem clear. :)

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

1-Getting banned doesn't stop the 360 working otherwise it would be called disabled.

2-You don't have a jtag'd console,slims can't be jtag'd they can however have an rgh chip.JTAG & RGH are not the same; one is a soft mod the other a hard mod.You have neither mod,you have a dvd drive thats been flashed nothing more,all it means is it can read copied discs

3-xkey would be a better solution than dvd flashing mod if you want to go on xbox live

4-best option for you imo is get a rgh chip fitted & play free online at LiNK,also an rgh means you don't need discs instead you use any hard drive whether internal or external up to 2tb in size max,web search freestyle dash on youtube also web search what is a rgh chip for 360

3. Shaheer Akhtar

Shaheer Akhtar Newbie

Ok so firstly thank you for replying. Now are you sayingthat i dont have any mod kn mu xbox? I think that i donas the guy from whom i get all my xbox work done said that he was going to do jtag and also mentioned some 'chip' being inserted knto the xbox. And if not that, then i think that i have an rgh chip as i can install games into a hardrive. Also when i go into the folder 'My Games' in my xbox that displays all the games installed into my hardrive, there is a software called 'XexMenu'. When i run that, I search somewhere in the files and there is another software called Freestyle. When i run that, something like another xbox dashboard comes up. It has most of the folders like settings and i can play any disc inserted into the disk drive through that software. But when i try to go online from the normal xbox dashboard (meaning when i try to connect to xbox live the normal way) it shows some error saying something like 'Your DNS server cannot resolve xbox live server names'. Any idea what mod, if any, i have got on my xbox? and any further suggestions? Just please keep in mind that i would prefer going online via xbox live rather than by going online by 'link' (whatever that is). And what does xkey do? And how is it better than LT3.0?

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You have a RGH console with freestyle dash installed. Also you don't install games on your harddrive, you copy them over. Everyone can install games on their harddrives, but they still need the disk to play them, you copy the entire game onto your harddrive and don't need the disk anymore.
    If you seriously want to play on Xbox Live with the disks you already have get a 2nd box off ebay, preferably one of the later phat ones (MFR date in late 2008 or 2009), they are easy to hack, and get LT 3.0 installed on that, you might even be able to do that yourself. You might get banned, but it's very unlikely (depending on how much you can trust the guy you buy your backups from), there hasn't been a mayor banwave since 2011 and with the Xbox One out Microsoft is losing interest in the Xbox 360.
    An Xkey emulates a drive, meaning you can play games off your harddrive and can go online, but you don't have the other features your RGH has, for example homebrew, emulators... It's pretty expensive, and you can't use burned games. Also I am not too sure that you can use your RGH console to copy games to a harddrive and then use that harddrive with an Xkey.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

I only mentioned xkey as you said you were using discs to play games which i took meant you didn't have a rgh mod otherwise why would anyone use discs

since there is no ban wave since 2011 it may not be necessary for an xkey,the main advantage of ii assume apart from emulation is you don't need to make failed burns especially if using crappy media more so with xdg3

6. Shaheer Akhtar

Shaheer Akhtar Newbie

Can i not go online with my current xbox if i get LT3.0 (never mind however difficult it is to hack the console)? I dont want to get another console just for going online. And also what happens if you get banned?And one more thing, are you sure that i hae an rgh console? The guy from whom i get all my xbox stuff from said that i have lt3.0 and some 'chip' in my console. I think that he meant an rgh chip. He said that when these two things combine, you get a jtag... or atleast thats what jtag must be called over here because many people, unlike as ScorpNZ said, say that they can do jtag on a slim console. And i also know many people here who have, or atleast they say or think that they have jtag over here. My xbox guy said that to go online, ill have to get that chip removed. What do you think?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

there's very few places on the planet that sell Genuine rgh chips,all are listed on xecuter's site.

No a jtag console doesn't require a modchip & MUST be on a fat white console or an elite that has a dash version 7 or lower. Every 360 after this including fats on dash v8 requires a modchip called RGH there's no exceptions

to prove if you have an rgh would require running unsigned code,the chip itself will have it's own BIOS that its flashed with if you are just booting to the microsoft dash,you should be able to access that bios however i don't know how,web search will solve it

IMAGES of freestyle dash-the first two lines of images are what you should see on your console when fully booted if you have an rgh which the fitter should have installed

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures of freestyledash 3&qpvt=pictures of freestyledash 3&FORM=IGRE

video of freestyle dash 3 on a jtag or rgh 360

http://digiex.net/downloads/downloa...d-fsd-3-xbox-360-auto-installer-download.html

edit:differences of jtag & rgh
    http://xboxrghdubai.blogspot.co.nz/2013/04/difference-between-jtag-and-rgh.html

I won't help you get on xbox live with a modded console few others will either,if you want to go online use LiNK instead,i will only go as far as getting freestyle dash installed on your console

use the 2nd link in my sig to ask how to find out if you have an rgh chip do not ask about live no one will help

8. Shaheer Akhtar

Shaheer Akhtar Newbie

When i run XexMenu and open the program named freestyle i see the 8th pic from ur link (the yellowish and bluish one of jpizzled16)
    Ok so do you think that i have lt3.0 and rgh? and if yes, then should i get the chip removed to go to xbox live?

Note: thanks for being so patient with me because i feel like a total dumbo right now.

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

excellent you have a rgh mod chip .Now if you are able to play backed up discs (Copied) on your dvd drive then you have a flash mod as well

the reason for not using a modded console with a jtag or rgh is it gives an unfair advantage over non modded consoles,in other words you can cheat.however some later rgh chips could be turned off tho i don't know if it's due to manually changing switches position on the chip or not.if it requires manually changing the switches positions i wouldn't bother as it means stripping the 360 apart all the time.

you can use LiNK to game online for free use 2nd link in my sig,the tuts are there in the forum of realmodscene,it will explain how,it also means you don't need discs to play,all you do is extract the games to either GOD or .xex & play direct from hard drive internal/external

GOD = how microsoft installs games
    .xex = extract all files as single files in a folder ,dual games discs require this method

Edit:if you want to play direct without a disc i will supply the software required or you can download from realmodscene or elsewhere,below are some you'll need

filezila -ftp client transfer 360 games or content to xbox onboard hdd
    iso2god
    Xbox360 ISO Extractor
    le-fluffie app
    party buffalo
    modio
    360 Content Manager 3.0 -similar to filezilla but specific for 360
    XBOX 360 Avatar Viewer

EDIT 2: Signup here if you haven't already done so,this will get the covers & title updates for freestyledash,you then use your created name & password in your freeetyledash to login to get missing covers etc

http://xboxunity.net/
    there is a beta dash out now called aurora if you wish to try it see realmodscene for download

Shaheer Akhtar likes this.
  10. Shaheer Akhtar

Shaheer Akhtar Newbie

Alright thanks alot. Your help is greatly appreciated. :) After my exams, ill see what i should do. Probably ill get my rgh chip removed such that ive got a normal just with a flashed dvd drive to play backed up discs. I hope that i cant cheat like that.