1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Slim turns on for a split second?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 1223tr, Oct 11, 2013.

1. 1223tr

1223tr Newbie

For about a week now I've had a problem with my Xbox 360 Slim.
    No matter what way I turn it on, the 360 turns green for a split-second and turns off.
    When it's not on the Power Supply is glowing red.
    The fans on the 360 spin for a total of about 2 seconds before stopping to a halt.
    I've tried unplugging the power box from all the plugs and blowing into it, reconnecting it etc, but it hasn't solved anything.
    Apparently, there might be a lot of dust inside the Power Box and we have to buy some kind of 'Vacuum' that blows it all out the other end.
    But I'm not too sure. Of course, the worst case scenario is that the actual Xbox is broke, although I hope not.
    Please help me out as my Birthday is in a few days and a broke Xbox is not a present I want.
    Ask me if you have any questions about the situation.

Thanks in advance.

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

This could be several faults.Are you using any surge protectors if so it could be faulty.Is the front panel damaged at all ? if so open the console up and remove then start with just the controller and see what happens. Have you tried a different power unit? if not borrow one to test the unit.