1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 slim with missing peices

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by megabyte99, Jan 4, 2014.

1. megabyte99

megabyte99 Newbie

Hi everyone I am new to this but have a good deal of technical experience with normal computers, so please cut me a little slack when I say something stupid or make a fool of myself because I'm sure it will happen.

I have an xbox 360 Slim that I've had for a few years but I haven't been able to use because it is broken. I got this 360 slim used so I am sure it's one of the older models and after about 9 months of good use the dvd drive stopped reading discs so I got a new one. Problem solved.

It sat ignored for a few months and then I got it in my head that I would try to fix it. I had another old broken fat xbox 360 that red ringed but had a good dvd drive so I figured I would try connecting the old dvd drive to the slim. It did not work!

Now after cleaning out my closet of computer parts I find myself looking at this slim and trying to decide what to do with it. I have the power cable, HDMI cable, motherboard and all that jazz but it does not have a dvd drive. I think I trashed it oops. I might also be missing the front plate that has the power button.

So what I want to know is can it still be modded or used for anything? (if i plug it in I can still get on xbox live and use netflix) I would like to possibly play game backups from iso or I've heard that I might be able to run emulators for other consoles on it. Is this true?

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

If you don't have the original PCB that came with the dvd drive that was originally in the slim then you would have to RGH the console.Each dvd drives PCB is married to an individual consoles motherboard by way of a unique key string.If they do not match it will not work.You would have to RGH which requires soldering,buying the kit and a little programming to the nand chip.Have a look at the link below which gives you the options open to you and a tutorial on how to RGH a slim.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/jtag-rgh-r-jtag-xbox-360-ultimate-exploit-guide.804054/