1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 start up problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by donka, Dec 22, 2007.

1. donka

donka Guest

Hi all,

I'm very new to the 360 so please go easy on me! Anway I've just bought a 360 and seem to have a problem. When I switch it on nothing happens, I have to turn it off and turn it on again and then it boots up fine. Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with my console?

2. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

first check all of your connections make sure they are all the way in. next if that doesnt work i would take it back because it sounds like the power supply unit isint getting enough power to your xbox hence why nothing happens the first time you try to turn it on and you have to restart it.

3. donka

donka Guest

Sorry should have said the green light on the console comes on it just doesn't power up.

4. chubbs09

chubbs09 Member

do you get any sound on your tv when it boots up????

5. steimy

steimy Active member

contact Microsoft and have them fix it. I did have that happen once with my new elite console, but it only happened once. Is your console plugging in through HDMI by chance?

6. donka

donka Guest

No sound, and I don't think it's plugged in via HDMI. I guess I'll have to return the console, it's only a couple of days old!