1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 - THE GOOD & THE BAD/ELITE BETTER?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by R1XX567, Jun 22, 2007.

1. R1XX567

R1XX567 Member

I'm considering buying the new xbox 360 elite when I can find one.lol here in arizona they've been gone since a week after they were released,well any my questions are ,how reliable are they? or the original xbox 360's for that matter,I've been reading so many bad things about people having gone through 4 or 5 of them due to over heating mostly but bottom line they won't work for some reason or another,and I also hear that microsoft is supposed you use a new chip or chipset in models that come out this fall which is supposed to run the systems cooler,I really want to buy a 360 but am affraid of paying that much then having it break down on me,I'm sure many of you can tell me some of your expreiences which would be greatly appreciated,should I wait until fall to buy one or the ones that are out there right now fairly safe to buy? thanks for all comments and replies :)

2. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

only reason you read about bad things is becaues when people are mad they all type it online..so you'll always see bad about a product online...im guessing wal-mart would be good place to buy one...right now is safe to buy one but when you buy one buy this to put under it..

http://www.overclockersclub.com/imageview/?/images/anteclaptop/1.jpg

you can find this at wal-mart staples or office depot..i use this on my xbox360 and it keeps it cool..i've had mine for almost a year and havent had one promblm with it so you'll be fine buying on now..

3. R1XX567

R1XX567 Member

thanks for the reply,I'm glad to hear that not all xbox 360's are going down,and is it better to have the 360 vertical or horizontal?

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

5. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

yeah hes having bad experiances but the only reason where reading about it is beaues hes online typing about it.
    you know noones gunna come online and say my xboxs360 worked since blablabla...people come here to talk about there promblems and how to fixs them more then brag about how there product still works..

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  6. R1XX567

R1XX567 Member

Thanks for all the replies,it really helped me make my decision,I went ahead and bouth my xbox 360 at sams club in a bundle that had 2 wireless controllers,1 head set,the 20 gb hardrive,and the charger that let's you play as the controller is being charged and it had the HD cable hook up for $450.00 then I bought the cooling fan that attatches to the back of the unit,and it came with 4 rechargble batterie packs and a charger for $50.00 more,then I bought the 3 year extended warranty for the xbox 360 for another $40.00 so my total was $578.00 then I bought a small stand that I sat the console on top and layed it in the horizontal position with 2 thin pieces of wood under it to raise it about 6 inches above the top of the shelf,so hopefully with all of these precautions it should be ok,I'm thinking of buying another cooling fan that blows on the bottom of the unit,with that going it should keep it cool.lol well anyway so far so good,me and my son took turns playing dead rising for about 8hours straight and it never got very hot,and the HD graphics look awesome.If anyone can think of anything else I might need please let me know.thanks for all the feedback.and by the way the xbox live market place is really nice along with the llive gaming,I would have to believe sony has a very long way to go to catch up with microsoft in the online gaming and market place.just my opinion :) well anyway thanks for all your feedback in helping make my decision.

7. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

Hey no promblemm good luck with your xbox360!! and yeah the marketplace is deffinetly set up veryy nicely! and i agree sont will have some catching up to do with it!!...all those cooling cautions will deff. help so your good to play!!