1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 "to play this disc put it in an xbox 360 console" error after flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by isogamer, Jun 24, 2007.

1. isogamer

isogamer Member

Okay now i kept getting this message after i flashed my xbox 360 with the MS 28 Samsung DVD rom drive. Now i flashed it again with an updated firmware x53a.bin file. But still get the same error when i try to play my fight night round 3 game. I don't have any other original games, and i yet have to try out my copied xbox 360 games. From what i read it could be my Fight night game, or it could be my console. But i just wanted to know if there is any way to fix it? I am trying again to update my firmware not sure if thats the case. I am trying my Iprep firmware package that i just DLED. But having problems having the "make firmware" program read my orig.bin file. So if anyone can help me with this STRESSFULL situation would be really greatfull THANKS!!

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You need to open your orig.bin in Firmare Toolbox and make sure it contains a valid key. If it's all 0's or FFFFF's then you have a bricked drive. If you have a valid key in the orig.bin file and after copying it to the same directory as the "make xtreme fw" command is, PM me and send me your orig.bin file and I'll send you a hacked FW for it.

Again, if your orig.bin has all 0's or F's as the key, you need a NEW 360.

3. isogamer

isogamer Member

REALLY? Dam.. i may have bricked it. Cause it shows me all FFFFFS' but here is the thing if i bricked it shouldn't it show me the ring of death light? and i thought i won't be able to play anything on it so far, but i tried my copied DVD movies, and original dvd movies it plays it perfectly. And i got one of xbox 360 live arcade games, couldn't play it exactly cause when ever i intersted into my dvd drive it askes me to have the xbox 360 hardrive, which i don't have yet.

Also there is no way of fixing this valid key issue? if i send you my orig.bin file, is there a way to get back the cd key? And what if i still have my backed up orig.bin file with the valid key, is there a way to still fix it? Thanks for your response.

4. oosel

oosel Regular member

If you still have your orig.bin with they key still in it then it can be fixed unless I misunderstood the question. Do you have your orig.bin or not? you didnt really say, you said (And what if i still have my backed up orig.bin) hopefully you do and all should be repairable.

5. isogamer

isogamer Member

Hi yes i do have my orig.bin file. I made sevral copies of it. How can i fix it? Can i email it to you? So you can let me know if everything is okay?

Also what if i go into dos an am able to back up my orig.bin file again by useing the sameread command or the mtkflash r /m sata orign.bin command, or iread command etc. If i still get the backed up orig.bin file backed up in my floopy, is that still okay?

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

as PS2menace said, if your orig.bin's key contains all 000's or FFF's then you are out of luck. Do what he has told you, open up your orig.bin in 360 toolbox and see how the key looks.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

so if you find a original without 000's and FFF's then you can fix it!

how did he brick the drive? was it by flashing his drive without the key and a bad backup of original.bin that doesn't have a key?

8. isogamer

isogamer Member

hi yes it happened by flashing my drive. At first i tried the samFLASH method, after i did that all my color of my 360 and the way it ran was preety messed up. Then i flashed it by using the xread and xflash method it worked fine. But then i got that "to play this disc put in an xbox 360 console" error. So i am not sure what to do now. I hope i can find my orig.bin file with the proper cd key with it. But if i can only find the orig.bin file with only FFFFF cd key there is no other way of recovering my original cd keY? Or any software out there that can fix it?

9. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

nope you will have to buy a new 360!

10. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

what method did u use to obtain your orig.bin?

11. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

thats what im wondering how does your original not have the key?!!!
    what did you do?

12. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

That's exactly how I bricked my 1st and only ms28 drive. Samread/Samhack without making sure my key was valid. ALWAYS after getting your orig.bin file, check it with FW toolbox before you make your hacked fw.

If all the copies of your orig.bin contain FFFFF's then you are screwed.
    There is NO way of getting the key out of a corrupted orig.bin file.

You can salvage the 360 but it's hell to get the key off the MB. But it can be done. Best bet would be to buy a new 360 and sell the other for parts.

Big note to anyone reading this. Use my ms28 Via 6421 tutorial and never use anything other than mtkflash commands. No ihack/samhack/joe blow hack

13. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

hahaha ROFL LOL!

true i never used it because i couldn't trust it!

do you have a link on how to get that key from the mobo? im just wondering! im gonna try google!

14. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

if it worked fine for a while then chances are that the firmware on your drive still has the correct key in it or it wouldnt have worked at all.
    dump the firmware off of it and check that in toolbox and see what the key looks like.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  15. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  16. isogamer

isogamer Member

OKAY GOING TO GIVE IT A TRY, thank you to everyone for helping a newbie out. That is whay i love internet.

17. isogamer

isogamer Member

Okay to ps2mence the link you provided it doesn't say on how to extract your orig.bin file valid cd keys. The softare your recommended can i just DL from any websitE? ANd how would you use it?