1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 update?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lfc505050, Aug 21, 2007.

1. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

Ive just got an xtreme firmware 360. Ive decided to take a risk and sign up to xbox live but when i try to do so, it asks me if i want to update the console firmware. If i update, will this stop me from playing my downloaded backups?

Thanks!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

the consoles have had several updates over the past 6-8 months. You have two choices, either do the updates or never play Xbox Live. Because without doing system updates it will not let you sign on even if you already have an account. Same thing goes for game updates.

3. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

But if i do the updates, will i still be able to play backups?

4. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

You'll still be able to play backups because it does'nt update the firmware but you might not ever be able to sign on to live on that console again if you get banned.My advise is to update to ixtreme firmware which you can only play stealth backups on then update your console because ive not heard anyone complaining on this forum yet that they have been banned using ixtreme.

5. killalot

killalot Active member

It updates the EPROM on the board not the DVD player so yes you can still play your backups never had to do it as my son doesn’t go on live unless I’m wrong ? just unplug the power on the DVD player before you update the console if your unsure

6. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

Ok. Could someone post a link as to where i can download ixtreme? and a guide on how to install it becuase i bought my 360 already flashed so i dont know what to do. many thanks!

7. killalot

killalot Active member

Suggest you read up first on how to flash your console if you look at the beginning of the thread tells all you need to know not as straight forward as some think it’s not hard but have a good read about it first