1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 vibrate

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by NEWMODD, May 3, 2013.

1. NEWMODD

NEWMODD Member

I'm Working on a prototype accessory as a side project for fun. I was wondering what methods there are to extract the vibration command sent to an xbox controller other than directly opening the controller. I'd like to make a wireless accessory that takes in the vibrate command that is sent to the controller without having to modify either the controller or the xbox 360, although it could plug into the controller or the xbox if there is an existing framework for that. Any help would be appreciated thank you. I don't know if this is the right forum but if it is that's great if not I would appreciate directions as to where I should post this.

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

You could in theory try something it's not perfect but it might suit your needs see the windows xbox 360 controller driver from microsoft uses the rumble feature on the controller you could basically take apart the code and see what code operates the controller vibration scheme in theory it would work but unknown if it could be done but you need the wireless receiver for the xbox 360 controllers and those are 19.99 alone