1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox 360 wireless adaptor problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kman2025, May 3, 2007.

1. Kman2025

Kman2025 Member

Got the new wireless adaptor for the 360 the network is picked up connected nicely xbox live test is all a success. However my media connection can never find a PC and media center doesn't work. I have forwarded all the ports I feel nescessary on my Draytek Vigor 2910 to no avail. I just cannot get my 360 to find the files. Media sharing is enabled on WMP11 and it finds the 360. What could be wrong? Windows firewall is also disabled for the time being.
    thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

with networking it could be too many things. Going to have to narrow it down a bit.

1. have you set up a network with the PC before (like with an xbox)
    2. Have you tried any other programs like TVersity or ORB
    3. did you go into the media blade and find the PC program you are connecting to
    4. Did you set up the PC network using the windows network setup wizzard

any info you can provide will help. Mine was set up for Xbox so connection the 360 was a breeze, although i never use it since transfering a movie the quality really sucks.

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  3. Kman2025

Kman2025 Member

Ok well yeh I have a home network with about 4 PCs set up so I have set one up

Yeh I just tried TVversity and it works strangely enough..connects plays my music..videos are bit dodgy but yeh it does work so kinda confuses me

I don't get what you mean by find the program I am connecting too?..if you mean TVversity then yeh

Well it was a long time ago when I set up the network but I imagine so yeh..do I have to create a new network?

Also I should add it's a laptop with wireless i'm tryna connect to the 360

4. Kman2025

Kman2025 Member

anyone?