1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 With No Power, Solution

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by MrGreaser, Aug 8, 2010.

1. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

Just thought I'd share about this one since I've come across this a couple times in the past. I've heard it suggested in a couple of places that if you come across a console with no power, to check all the connection ports to make sure there aren't any bent pins or metal pieces grounding out connectors. Since I rarely see it mentioned and see a lot of people that have posted about it in the past, with little to no avail, I thought I'd bring it up again.

I just came across a console tonight that had bent pins in the USB sockets. I've been wanting to try out this solution and it fired right up when I straightened out the pins.

Before I had straightened them out the console was just unresponsive...no flashing on the brick or console...nothing.

In any case, I wanted to chronicle this for anyone else that might have this problem in the future. Other solutions involve voltage meters and mosfet replacements...this has been discussed in quite a few places.

Good luck.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement