1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 with no video HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by cincy10, Feb 24, 2007.

1. cincy10

cincy10 Member

1 year old 360 has sound but no video. I can hear "Dead Rising" playing but only see little green dots for the picture. Switched out the video cables with no help at all. Any ideas on a easy fix? At least it isn't the "Red Lights of Death", I sure hope it is an easier fix. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

make sure that the switch on the cables is set correctly, either HD, or TV depending on which way you have it hooked up.

3. cincy10

cincy10 Member

the switch is set correctly, and other ideas?

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

umm....cable ends in the right holes?? lol, not trying to make you sound stupid or anything, just thinking of ideas. also are you running it through HD or regular tv? do you have video when there is not game in the 360 (at the dashboard)?

5. caliph

caliph Guest

-Does you TV have like a "video 1", "video 2", video 3", etc feature? try the different types of videos.
    -also, make sure the cables are TIGHTLY in from the tv to the 360.
    - try the tv/video button
    - try the AV button on ur remote. press it a couple of times to see if ur 360 is on a different channel or seomthing.

did your 360 show video before?

6. cincy10

cincy10 Member

this 360 worked fine for over a year and just started doing this. Even used a different cable. Checked all connections and settings everything should be in the right place and tight. Do you think it is a internal problem like the dvd drive??

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

no i think its the actual plug in the xbox, i think the come loose sometimes but im not positive as it has never happened to me before, just google it and see what you come up with

8. cincy10

cincy10 Member

After doing some searching around, I think the video card is bad. Triple checked all the connections, tried new power supply and AV cord. Anyone ever heard of a bad video card in the 360, and how hard would it be to replace? Thanks again!