1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 with Version 1.0 flashing help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by koolyoe, Feb 26, 2007.

1. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Hi, I am new to the XBOX 360 modding scene, but not to MODDING :) i mod my psp all the time, newayz i realized that i can make copies of my xbox 360 games which is GREAT! But the problem is im not sure quite how to do this. I have deteremined on this site
    http://sickmods.net/shared-directories/deakphreak/firmware-flash/

that i have the Samsung drive, but i do not think i have a SATA connection on my computer :/ My computer runs ATA 100 HDD so I assume i have ATA :) Also I was reading that if i want to copy my game i have reflash my drive eaach time? maybe i miss read, but i would greatly appretiate some1 help in doing this. :) So if you are willing I am most willing to talk to you on MSN jsut send me a PM and ill add you right away.

Also on a side note, my XBOX 360 every now and then will shut off by itself and flash 3 red lights... then i restart it then its ok. ANd sometiems if I Move it when im playing a game it wil shut off and flash 3 red lights lol. So if ne1 knows whats up with that also. Thanks again guys cant wait to be apart of the Modded xbox 360
    scene. :)

HAHA sry 1 more thing I was reading people seem to like this Samsung SH-D162c drive for burning xbox 360 games, does this also let me burn my dvds? I was looking at a LiteOn that can do Dual Layer Burns does it really matter what Burner I have as long as it has Dual Layer Burning capabilities thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  2. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Any help thanks guys :)

3. elmunkee

elmunkee Regular member

hey koolyoe!

heres a good tutorial for flashing your samsung drive...its step by step http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=573693

You will need a sata card....I recommend the VIA 6421 chipset (easily found on ebay)

The Samsung SH-D162c does not burn it is DVD-ROM drive only. The advantage of having one is that it can be flashed itself with Kreons firmware which will allow the drive to read xbox games on a computer based system

The 3 red lights indicate a hardware failure.This could be many things but to me it sounds as if you 360 is either overheating or the worse case could be some traces on the motherboard itself have seperated due to the console heating up and cooling down constantly.
    Send it back to microshaft if the problem persists (if you havent already opened you console :p)

Hope This Is Useful

Elmunkee

4. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Hey thanks for that :) i just ordered the sata card, and the drive and also a Dual Layer Burner (liteon) that guide is very nice! also about the 3 red lights, it seems that if i stand it up on its side and push the power cord in really hard so that its firm i get no red lights... : / lol also i have the intercooler fan add on. But i have not opened the case yet. Also i have had it longer then 90 days lol will the still fix // replace it? or do i have to pay for that thanks man :)

Oh 1 more thing i dont know if i have a samsung ms25 or ms28. thanks.

But i do know that i got a samsung drive from a picture i seen. thanks.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you have to open the xbox and look at the dvd drive, its near the back of the case at the bottom of the drive

6. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Ok thanks mike ill do that :). But do you know if M$money will accept my xbox 360 to replace? since my warranty is most deffinetly over i have not ever opened it if not how much do you think it will cost to replace.

7. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you want it replaced cause it to over heat and mess up and send it to them, they extended the warranty to 1 year, not just the 3 months or whatever

9. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

well i think i fixed the problem, i went to turn it on and nothign powered up i was like WTF i willgled the power cord around still nothing. I was thinking it wasnt getting power so i took off the intercooler and plugged the cord straight to the xbox 360 and guess what it powered right up. I tried putting the intercooler back on, and NO power. Took it back off and i have power again, and i move it around no red lights or anyhtign, so i guesss the problem was with my Intercooler :/ strange but it works fine now lol.