1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Xenon with dash 2.0.13604.0 play direct via USB-disk possible?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bt1100, Dec 10, 2011.

1. bt1100

bt1100 Member

Hello all reading,

What can I do with my Xbox 360 (FAT) dash 13604 to be able to play games directly via USB disk drives so no more need for DVD discs in the drive? (I also got the MS-20Gb external HDD with it but prefer external USB)

history of the Xbox 360:
    I received a defect 360 with RROd problem which I was able to get working again by overheating the GPU. It has a Hitachi-DVD and most probably a Xenon pcb. Once I got it working I checked it and could play backup DVD games. Due to the overheating problem I read the overheating can be prevented by playing games directly via USB disk in stead of DVD. I did an update from 8955 to dash 2.0.13604.0. to be able to use the USB drive up to 16Gb but after was no more able to play backup games via DVD (probably as newbee due to this upgrade).

I did a lot of research on the internet but I could not find the usefull answer for my question above.

Thanks in advance for any hints/tips/other solutions you can provide...
    BT

2. coorva

coorva Regular member

are you tring to play games off your flashdrive?? if so no cant be done only off the M$ offical harddrive the 20gig,,the only way to play off an external drive is to install coolrunner reset glitch hack,heres what it looks like running,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5VCWhUvH2k

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

rgh wont work on xenons....

4. bt1100

bt1100 Member

Thx for the response,

Will it be any use to reflash my Hitachi DVD 0059DJ (have not done this before but think I can do it myself)?

kind regards
    BT