1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox acting up

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by 84buick, Mar 18, 2005.

1. 84buick

84buick Member

All of a sudden randomly now when playing xbox it will randomly turn off, i noticed also that now i cant turn on the xbox with the small bottom power button and have to use the big tray open button to turn on the xbox, to add on top of that something the xbox always did after i modded it is turn on for a second then turn off then turn it self back on and work fine but only when u turned it on with the eject button. Anyway is really shitty cause in the middle of a game it just turns off and i thought it might be overheating but i even let it run with the case off and still the same thing,

any help would be appreciated

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

what are the temps?

3. 84buick

84buick Member

there really low man like it does it at random temps even at like 35 degrees but my xbox chills at 47 usually

4. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

what chip did you use? The only being able to turn on with the eject button sounds like maybe a bad solder, or some shorted wires on your BT wire if you are using an aladdin chip. Also, the xbox will turn off if certain wires or traces connect to ground. The metal casing inside your xbox is connected to ground, so if there is a stray wire/solder/lead/ect... then it may be lightly touching the case.

Open it up and check it out.