1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox acting up

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by 84buick, Mar 18, 2005.

1. 84buick

84buick Member

All of a sudden randomly now when playing xbox it will randomly turn off, i noticed also that now i cant turn on the xbox with the small bottom power button and have to use the big tray open button to turn on the xbox, to add on top of that something the xbox always did after i modded it is turn on for a second then turn off then turn it self back on and work fine but only when u turned it on with the eject button. Anyway is really shitty cause in the middle of a game it just turns off and i thought it might be overheating but i even let it run with the case off and still the same thing,

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

It could be your power supply or your Modchip installation. I'm not sure which of the two though?? Best way to test is to see if the xbox turns on and off with the original TSOP/Bios and OEM HD in. If it still does it then it's your power supply.

3. cF00

cF00 Member

hello
    same exact problem with mine too... i swapped the PSU with no results and my box is not modded...

I have also swapped my mobo with another box and got same problem

its now gotten worse... the box barely turns on for me... itll turn on for a few seconds and shut off
    i can get it to work sometimes but who knows when itll shut off on me.

Again... small button doesnt work at all
    eject button turns it on and off... but sometimes only on...
    and variable on times...

PLEASE HELP ME...

4. tyche7

tyche7 Member

I too have encountered this EXACT same thing. What chips and xbox versions are we all using? I have a spider chip with an Xbox v. 1.6b. If ANYone can help with this it'd be appreciated.

5. cF00

cF00 Member

no chip... but its a 1.0 xbox

i cant even get mine to stay on for more than 10 or 15 seconds now

frustrating the hell outta me

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I did a box yesterday that had the exact same problem....it would turn on without vid though. The problem was either the hard drive was failing or the bios was corupt. (it was un-modded so I think it was the hard drive) All I did was mod it and installed a new hard drive. Now it works fine.

7. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I agree:))