1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox and DVD+R

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Slamin, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Slamin

Slamin Member

Hi all,

Ok finnaly I bought one.. chipped it with a xecuter 2 lite.
    It runs..everything..well almost...not DVD+R
    I tried 3 brands now (Platinum, Datawrite and Imation) both game iso and movies will not play if they are on a dvd+r
    It will read DVD+Rw! thats weird..well it supports the dvd + rw standard but not the dvd+r ? ? ? (it says unknown disk)
    I have the new model with the Samsung DVD in there... who knows how to solve..

Thxs

Slamin

2. Shank69xo

Shank69xo Member

I too am having the same problem.Mine has the shitty Thompson drive and is a Ver.1.0 But I installed a 80gb hard drive instead of spending all kinds of cash on different media.Oh yeah,mine also won't work with DVD-rw's either.Every disk backup I have tryed is the same.It boots to the title screen then locks up.

3. pjclark1

pjclark1 Member

you have tried 3 types of crap media.

Spend some money on decent media if you want
    a result that works!

4. Shank69xo

Shank69xo Member

pjclark
    Well my problem is solved.I was using a bad (older)version of xISO.Now I got a fresh copy and it works great.Even with cheap media.So as we speak my 25th XBOX copy on "cheap media"is about done.Oh wait it's done........
    ...And it even works.Imagine that,"cheap media",booting up just fine.Well all together my cheap media collection consists of 120+ disks between PS2 and XBOX.So stop telling people to buy better media.They have spent enough already!(i.e.Burner>ModChip>System>Media)

5. Slamin

Slamin Member

Hi All,

Today I tested a game iso (which I dl always) on a Philips DVD+rw...and guess what..working.

Dont forget I have the new Samsung drive.
    What can be the difference between dvd + rw and dvd +r ???

I got some -r from a bud and they all work fine.. so guess I have to wait on firmware for the samsung drive..

If anyone has another Idea let me know..

6. Dank

Dank Regular member

The only media i use for xbox and dvd's is DVD+R.. have never been let down yet.. memorex media type yeah its 3$ but they always work and its not 50$

7. Slamin

Slamin Member

I would like to know if anyone replys what dvdrom player you have in your xbox please :)