1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox and hdtv

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by solidcad, Jan 31, 2004.

1. solidcad

solidcad Member

i have a problem with my xbox when i connect it to my projection hdtv. it looks like crap. i see the graphics but they look like theres lines going through them they are not sharp at all. my tv suports all setting . will my modchip(chameleon) on xbox 1.3 have any thing to do with it. also on slayer 2.5 installed.

2. jay73

jay73 Guest

Is your xbox on PAL or NTSC mode? Try switching the mode...

3. solidcad

solidcad Member

its in ntsc but it looks better when i have the s-video then when on the component video. but yet my home dvd player looks great when on component?
    do u think my xbox is toast?

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I have had some problems like this before. My HDTV had trouble syncing to my XBOX and DVD player.. (weird) If I turn my xbox or progressive scan dvd on before I turn the HDTV on it would display weird lines/graphics. I dont know why? my DVD player is the same brand as the TV. As long as I turn the HDTV on first before turning the XBOX or DVD player it works fine.. I assume you have the HDTV visual pack and 480/720/1080i enabled in your original dashboard correct?

Matt