1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox asking for an update

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chrismuzz, Dec 9, 2007.

1. chrismuzz

chrismuzz Member

Had my box flashed & its been playin great for a year. I just burned pes 2008 and when i went to play it, it said that it needed an update b4 i could play the game. I was thinking that if i did that then it could screw up the firmware and i would not b able to play backups. has anyone had the same problem

please help
    thanx in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

update it. when they system or game asks for an update you must do it in order to play online. It will not effect your firmware

3. chrismuzz

chrismuzz Member

Thanx for that it works fine

4. steimy

steimy Active member

No problem. People don't seem to realize that without doing the updates you can not access Xbox Live until you do. So you really have no choice.

5. chrismuzz

chrismuzz Member

got 2 say, never been on xbox live (not that interested, saying that, haven't tried it yet) do you not get banned with specific firmware. When i first had my box flashed it asked for something maybe a firmware update (cant remember in such a rush to try it at the time) pressed yes & got a blank screen with mumbojumbo on when rebooted, luckily the guy i got it from reflashed it 4 free. Cant get hold of him n e more

6. steimy

steimy Active member

The update should not effect the firmware at all. I have been through several updates of the console and countless game updates.
    Yes, you can get banned with a modded Xbox 360 on live, especially if you do not read about the proper ways to help avoid it like booktyping media to DVD-Rom, stealth patching, good media and so on.
    But that is something all people who mod their system knows. Now i was not an Xbox Live fan myself, and i never used it with my original Xbox. I always used the free systems Xlink Kai and XBconnect. But the 360 has ping timers built into their games, and unless you have a ping in just the right range those free systems (system link games only) will not work with a 360 game, but will work with original Xbox games you play on the 360.
    So i went and bought Xbox Live. And i must say it is an easier system, very well made and quite a lot of fun. Once you get playing your favorite games online and start meeting people with similar game interests as you then most people will be hooked on it.

7. chrismuzz

chrismuzz Member

you got me wantin to try it, but i will look into it properly b4 havin a go
    thanx steimy