1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox back up burning

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jetli68, Jan 12, 2008.

1. jetli68

jetli68 Member

hi all i just got my xbox360 flashed tried a backup i got off my friend worked no probs. went to local computer shop and got some dl dvds 8 of them i have burnt all of them and only 4 has worked. i did not burn the same game over and over again. if one didnt work i tried the next game. now do you think this is a media fault e.g been bad disks for the 360 or do you think the games where duff copys?

there are only cheap disk only one pound each they had in my local shop
    or do you think if one blank dvddl works all of tem should tia for any help on this matter

and has any one got any ideas on some cheapish media for the 360

cheers all

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

What brand were the disks, and also what speed did you write to them at?
    I use traxdata which are quite expensive, some verbatims, loads of tuff disc, and a few ridisc xtreme disks, all work perfectly fine, ridisc xtreme is a little crap though. The backups work fine, but around 4-6 in a tub of 25 wont work, so think of it as your buying 20 disks. ;)

3. NewBart

NewBart Guest

try verbatims

4. jetli68

jetli68 Member

i am not sure what brand they are they are just cheap white tops and dark purple writing surface tia

5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Most problems are caused by cheap media, so try something like traxdata or verbatims.

6. jetli68

jetli68 Member

thanks for the info peeps i was looking at ridisc xtreme disks and noticed the die used for writing surface is CMC MAG. D01 now i been looking for media with same dye on them and found these .Datawrite titanium DL 2.4x DVD+R whic use the dye CMC MAG-D01-00 do you think these would work ? tia

7. jetli68

jetli68 Member

i also found these Zero Defex Dual Layer DL which CMC MAG D01 which is the same dye as ridisc xtreme disks

8. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

I have used ridisc xtreme and they are not very good disks, try to avoid CMC mag, they are not good. Ritek, verbs, traxdata, are good.