1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Back Up Creator - Will Not Execute

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bigguns77, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Xbox Back Up Creator V 2.4.0.225 and I can not seem to get it to launch the exe program. Does anybody have any suggestions? Do I need the Samsung SH-D162C hooked up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you need the framework thing

3. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

Can you be a bit more Specific? What Framework thing?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

dot net framework, google it

5. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

I downloaded the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 and installed it. Updated the software as recommended by windows and I still can not get the Xbox Back Up Creator to execute? I double click on the Shortcut Icon and nothing? Would it have anything to do with the McAfee Desktop Firewall running on my computer. I just do not understand.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

i doubt it would. Macafee would have stopped you during the install and it mainly only does that with programs that need access to the internet.
    I have it on mine and installed XBC and it runs fine. Then again i also have the Samsung drive, but the program should still work. Have you tried getting a copy from another site?
    If you are just burning ISO's then you do not really need it anyway, which i assume you are if you do not have the Samsung drive.

you can use IMGburn (V2.1 is what i use) and it is free as well. I burn all my 360 games with it. The only thing you must do is set the layer break, and booktype the disc (only for 360 w/ Hitachi drives or samsung drives running firmware of Extreme 1.3 and earlier)
    here us how to set the layer break.
    ools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

7. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

Thanks for the info. But I have tried to download it from other sites and other version and it still will not launch. I am stumped. I will be getting the Samsung drive to back up games. So I would really like the Xbox Back Up Creator to run. Any more suggestions anyone. I just do not understand why it will not run.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

9. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

What Version of .Net Framework do you have steimy ?

10. steimy

steimy Active member

I think i am still running V1.1 on mine. At most 2.0 but i do not think so. Only reason i installed it is when using Craxtion4 with Xbox games you need it, and also my new gaming keyboard also needed it. But i just read a post that said it had to be 2.0 or above, so maybe i have 2.0

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  11. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

Well I contacted the developer Redline99 and he informed me that the Xbox Back Up Creator does not have anything to do with the Microsoft .NET Framework.

"The app is not a .Net app so the framework wont help much there, it is a vb6 app though and needs the runtime and some ocx's but those should have been installed by the installer."

He is not sure what the problem could be. Anyone else have some suggestions.

12. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

just to let you know as far as I remember, the program need a certain net framework, I had to uninstall my original one and intall a new onw, 2.2 I believe. Just try is and see what happens.

13. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

Like I said above.. the APPLICATION DEVELOPER Redline99 informed me that the Xbox Back Up Creator does not have anything to do with the Microsoft .NET Framework.

"The app is not a .Net app so the framework wont help much there, it is a vb6 app though and needs the runtime and some ocx's but those should have been installed by the installer."

Any other thoughts.

FYI.. I did try uninstalling the .Net Framework and reinstalling a lower version and it still did nothing. When I heard the .NET application had nothing to do with the Xbox Backup Creator, I dissmissed this as the problem.

14. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You need an .ocx file but to hell with me since I can't recall the name. MSINET.ocx or something like that. Also try to copy the frog...dll file to the windows/system32 directory.

15. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

I tried copying the frog...dll file to the windows/system32 directory and that did not work. I can not seem to find anything on my hard drive with MSINET.ocx. Do you know the exact file. I searched my hard drive and I have lots of .ocx files. I should also mention I am running Windows XP Professional and when I do execute the XBC application it does create a log.txt file in the same directory as the xbc.exe but it is blank.

PS.. I can get the Schtrom360XtractV3.2.exe to run but what are the advantages and disadvantages between XBC and Schtrom's? Can they do the same thing? What can XBC do that Schtrom can not?

I would greatly appreciate any input.

16. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

well as far as I know schtrom is more of a patching tool, it can stealth fix/pFI/DMI fix things very quickly. Whereas xbox creator is more of a ripping and burning tool. Though having said that, I used the schtrom to patch crackdown yesterday, and used imgburn to burn it and got no errors. But xbox creator was giving me errors before with the same game, so I don't think its worth the hassle.

Maybe someone who used creator more can give you more details, but there is plenty of other burning and patching software out there.

17. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

XBC is the all in one tool, you can rip it patches it as it rips it and you can burn it... its the best tool i have seen to date...

btw, you can download msinet.ocx from any site that carries .dll files, just google it

18. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

Where on my Hard Drive would I put the msinet.ocx file if I got it from google? Where is it contained on your hard drive mikeismad? Is the FrogASPI.dll in the same place. Currently when I run the Xbox Backup Creator v2.4.exe to create XBC it puts the FrogASPI.dll in the same folder as the XBC executable program.

PS.. That is why I would REALLY LIKE THE XBC PROGRAM as well. I WOULD REALLY like to get this to work.

19. bigguns77

bigguns77 Member

FYI.. I got the msinet.ocx from google and I put it in various places and nothing. Stiil can not get XBC to execute. I do not understand. It must be something with my windows set up or something.

Why would Schtrom360XtractV3.2.exe execute but NOT XBC?

I am at a loss.