1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox backup copy programs

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rdkottke, Jun 9, 2004.

1. rdkottke

rdkottke Member

I have a son who is always mistreating his Xbox game discs, is there a program out there that a novice can use to make a working copy by burning from my DVD rom to my DVD+ writer. I know that the language is in a different form on the xbox disc, is there a way to get around that. I want to be able to have a backup, just in case he wrecks more

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

I dont wanna be rude, but PLEASE NOMORE questions on prgorams to copy xbox games with a pc
    all the info is here in the forum
    you need a modchip, (there are other ways but modchip is the easiest for newbies)
    a "hacked" bios flashed to the chip(example xecuter modchip, 4983 bios)
    evolution x or an alternative dash setup on your xbox hdd (easiest way is use an auto installer)
    a crossover cable (if you are connecting direct to a PC
    a PC network card
    a good ftp prog such as flash fxp on your pc
    a ISO application to make the ftp'd files readable as an xbox iso (craxtion or my favourite , qwix)
    good burning software (nero, stomp recordnow, padus disc juggler etc)
    dvd burner
    blank dvd media that your xbox dvd rom will read (it varied per xbox and dvd drive manufacturer)
    basically what you do is drag the files from the xbox dvd drive you a location on your pc, and then recreate them in xbox readable format

(hopefully wont have to answer this again)

sorry dude I know its not your fault, but this question comes up a hell of a lot, there isnt any software ANYWHERE to make backups of retail xbox games, just on a PC, no matter what companies claim there is

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]PC SPEC: XP 3000+ (overclocked) asus 2x fsb 400, 768mb ddr 2700, ati pro 128mb, pioneer a106 w/ hacked firmware
    XBOX SPEC: ver.1.2 with Xecuter 2.3-4983 bios,80gb hdd,Samsung sdg605,evox,xbmc,xbmp,dvdxr,xprogear,
    mame0x w/ 1,500 roms, kawax w/ 100 roms[/small]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004