1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Backup Creator Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Andrew86, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Heya guys, I got a problem with burning .dvd backups from this program.

I copied a 360 game with it no problem with a SH-D162 dvd reader. But then I use a phillips DVDR1648/00M writer but it goes about 32kbs intot he write and then it says it has a read error or something.

I also use a USB connection wires to connect the dvd writers to my laptop via usb.

Apparently using Alcohol 120 shows no problems, but i havent tried to see if the copy worked yet cos my xbox360 isnt flashed yet - im in the process of doing that.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Personally i always use IMGburn to do them and have not had one that did not work.
    the process is simple,
    1. just set the layer break:
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game.

2. Now set the booktype to DVD-Rom for DVD+R DL media if your burner can do that.

3. now set the write speed to 4X (for 6X and 8X max speed discs), Load the ISO file into IMGburn and burn it.

3. Andrew86

Andrew86 Member

Is a pioneer 111d or 112d writer required for this? I read through some faqs saying to use imgburn but also a pioneer writer

Thanks for the reply

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

any dual layer dvd where you set ur bitset to booktype dvd-rom will do but this is always set in the pionner dual layer dvd burner i have an earlier emodel the dvr 109 u dont have to touch it at alland it will booky type to dvd rom automtically and no errors as of yet
    but any dual layer dvd burner will do mate

5. steimy

steimy Active member

No, as above. Any dual layer burner SHOULD work. I am using a BenQ DW1655 for mine.