1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Backup Creator & Windows 7...again

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Thumper7, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Thumper7

Thumper7 Member

Hey all,

I was forced to make a new post on this because the older one with the same name had been closed.

I have XBC 2.9 on Win7 64bit & I can't get it to work at all. All I get are 'Read PFI Sector Sense Errors', which I'm guessing means it can't read the disc(s).

I systematically tried all the suggestions in this post & nothing worked.

The read drive I'm using is a sata Samsung SH-D163B with Kreon firmware. I transferred it from my old XP Pro SP3 computer to my new Win7 Pro SP1 machine. And it worked perfectly on the XP computer.

Any ideas? Thanx in advance.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Are these originals & are they badly scratched if not & your attempting to rerip from crappy media your best bet is to do a direct copy & create an iso with imgburn as there's no need to rip once it's already been ripped,also try reducing copy speed down to 2x,apart from that try doing it on an xp machine tho personally at this stage i'm guessing it's your disc at fault

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  3. Thumper7

Thumper7 Member

My discs are originals & they're in good shape. No visible scratches or marks on them.

I took the dvd drive out of my Win7 comp & replaced it in the XP one & voila...works fine again. It's definitely some kind of issue with Win7.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Good thing you still have the xp comp