1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox backup creator

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by p_fortt, Apr 22, 2007.

1. p_fortt

p_fortt Member

to all wise men i am trying to backup my xbox 1 games using xbox backup creator now i have been told all i need to do is connect my xbox to pc via ethernet cable and the xbc should pick up my xbox drive and then all i have to do is press start on xbc but it dosent seem to find my drive only my pc drive is my friend wrong and if pos can you explain to me how i should be doing this

2. p_fortt

p_fortt Member

is it because i need to use an xbox 360

3. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

is your original xbox modded?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

are you making Xbox 1 games that will play on the 360? that is the only reason to use that program for xbox games. The easiest way is buying a Samsung drive on Ebay (SH-D162C) which can read original Xbox and Xbox 360 disc and copy them to your PC. Then you can use a DVD burner to put on a new disc. Also it depends which drive your 360 has, if it is a Hitachi the Xbox games has to be copied to a dual layer disc. And as above your 360 must be modded to play back ups.

If you are backing up an Xbox game to play on your Xbox 1 that is modded then you are going about it all wrong.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  5. p_fortt

p_fortt Member

i have a moded xbox 1 and i know how to backup these games using ftp pro and qwix and decrypter my mate said i don,t need to do all that as backup creator would do it all for me but after scouring the threads it seems hes wrong so my next question is will this program backup games if i use the xbox 360 drive which is flashed for xbox1 games and 360 games and is there a tutorial for this

6. steimy

steimy Active member

in order to use Xbox Backup Creator you need to have the Samsung DVD-Rom drive in your PC (model SH-D162C) which can read Xbox games.
    Backing them up for use in the 360 is a bit different then backing them up for the Xbox.
    To tell the truth if you have a regular Xbox i am not sure why you would bother doing this, unless you only have Xbox Live on the 360 like me. BUt there are free online services for the Xbox called Xlink Kai and XBconnect that you can play most of the popular games on, and not get banned for a modded system.