1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX backup plays movie???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Daddyof02, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Daddyof02

Daddyof02 Member

I have the Hitachi 47D with the F900 core.

I have a backup copy of Half Life 2 that says it's DVD5 and made for the 360. I tried burning to a DVD-R (Sometimes reads on my Hitachi) But it just plays a DVD movie saying please insert this into an XBOX console. Its obviously reading the DVD-R to play the movie but the game dosn't start. I have tried burning the ISO plain, and tried burning with the SS, DMI, and PFI patched. The original disc works in my 360 no problem, so I know I have the emulator software downloaded. My question is whether or not to try burning to a DL disc to see if that would work, even though it says its a DVD5 copy. If so do I use the original XBOX layerbreak or the 360 layerbreak? The reason this is a downlaoded copy is I have no drive to make the dumps with, so I'm limited to what i can find online. I own the original copy and will upload pics/scans if anyone needs proof.

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers help!

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The dvd5 rips which are out on the web will only work in the 360's with Samsung drives. The Xtreme firmware supports dvd5 playback. So it's not going to work with your Hitachi. Sorry about that.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I would just hold onto it, I am sure within the next few updates the people making the Hitachi firmware will figure out a way to do it.
    Really great game by the way, you could always get it for PC if your PC has good specs (also Half-Life 2 Episode 1 for PC was good)