1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox Backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by The_Dark, Feb 20, 2004.

1. The_Dark

The_Dark Member

Firstly thanks for letting me join .

Secondly can I can backup a xbox game to my pc and then burn it, then play it on my xbox? reason being is I am yet to have my xbox chipped. I hope I dont get flamed with do a search....cause what I am searching for?

I got the program that was recomded ISOCraxtion but when I click on it I get this message ISOCraxtion.exe -x "ISO_FILE_NAME" "EXTRACT_TO_DIR_NAME" what does that mean? also got another program called XISO but some people in the forums say use it others say stay away from .... what does a newbie like me listen to?

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

stick with craxtion. your PC cant read xbox discs so you have to have a modded box, FTP into the box, transfer the game data to your PC, make the ISO with craxtion, then burn it as an image. Thats the simple short version. alot of people with record now software are able to bypass the ISo making process, but i just use craxtion to make the ISO, then burn it with nero.

3. scottas

scottas Guest

I was burning an ISO with the newest nero and it told me the file was too large to be done in ISO. The ISO file was just over 2 gig. How can I make use of the full DVD size?

4. KrisBunch

KrisBunch Member

Where would I get craxtion? Also is Flash FXP a good program to set up an ftp between my xbox and pc?

5. KrisBunch

KrisBunch Member

I found craxtion but is Flash FXP any good?

6. darthnip

yes flashFXP seems to be the favorite.

7. ABMone

ABMone Guest

@scottas to burn an iso with nero select recorder>burn image. Also to make use of the full disc you should learn how to make a multi-game disk

@KrisBunch craxtion.com

8. scottas

scottas Guest

ABMone, why would it not create an ISO if the file was less than 4.7 gig? This was just over 2.1gig. It said I could only use UDO which I've heard is not a good idea.

9. darthnip

it actually needs to be under 4.36gb. when they say 4.7gb, they do the math wrong so it's sells more discs, it's actually 4.36gb

10. ABMone

ABMone Guest

scottas- you already have an iso so you need nero to BURN the iso not create the iso.

Don't select iso mode because that mode is to make an iso.

You need to select burn image.

Open nero and close any wizards or dialogue boxes or anything on the screen.Then look up where file and edit and view and all that stuff is and find recorder and select BURN IMAGE.find your iso and your good to go.