1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox backup?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by a110rew, Oct 12, 2004.

1. a110rew

a110rew Member

can i create playable xbox backup using dvd decrypter
    and nero 6

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yes if you're trying to back up and backup. No if you're trying to back up an original.

3. a110rew

a110rew Member

thanx can stop trying now unless you know a different way ?

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

The ONLY way is to network the xbox to your PC and FTP the files across. Get a dashboard such as evo x, a ftp client such as flash fxp, and your halfway there.

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You still need Craxtion to convert the files into an Xbox image before burning with DVD Decrypter or NERO.

6. clarky

clarky Regular member

^^ as above, but get qwix also. As craxtion does not create an successful iso of all games.

7. elias_7

elias_7 Member

craxtion and quix are both the same thing though huh

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I have never used Qwix before so I don't know much about it, I only use Craxtion to patch the games when they don't boot off the HDD. Also, Craxtion is very handy if you wanna burn multiple games on a DVD blank (4.5GB is the max I think). So you could put 3-4 CD games onto 1 DVD blank easily. Very nice for a freeware.

9. elias_7

elias_7 Member

yeh i use qwix n yeh works for me...
    but what do you mean... are u saying u can put 3 - 4 xbox games on a blank DVD?

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yeah if they are CD-based games like Tetris Worlds, Kill.Switch, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, etc... Those are the only games I know that are CD-based.

Or you can do 2-3 DVD-based games if they are small enough to fit on a blank DVD (but I'm pretty sure you can only use 4.5GB).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"I have a sexy accent and make one mean cup of coffee."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2004
  11. elias_7

elias_7 Member

oh i didnt realize you could do that... wat happens when the put the DVD in the xbox... is there a list of the games you put on there or sumthing?
    how does it work?
    n blank DVD's are 4.7?

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yup when you put the DVD in the box it will give you a list of the games you burnt, select a game and it will boot.

True the blank DVDs are 4.7GB, but if you use NERO it will only let you burn at 4.5GB. DVD Decrypter might let you burn at 4.6GB I think. The extra space is needed to close the disc, that's why you can never use the whole 4.7GB.

13. elias_7

elias_7 Member

oh yeh thats right... it needs space to close the CD.
    but yeh ill have to give that a try i think... well when i can fit 2 games on the 1 DVD blank... which isnt common for new games i suppose!
    thanks for that Achilles

14. a110rew

a110rew Member

where can i find all i need as a bit fick about ftp ,burning side a veteran saving to bigger hdd intrigues me though ,lots of replies to 1st thread yu lot obviously know your stuff.