1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox bios 1.6b, doesnt boot propelry+games freeze

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by freq707, Feb 28, 2007.

1. freq707

freq707 Member

i think it may be my bios to, because
    when i turn on my xbox, it doesnt boot anything, just a black screen
    and then, if its in the mood, when i open the disk tray, its boots up to the xbox logo (blue because its hacked)
    majority of times, disk tray wont open so i havta turn box off then back on like 5times until it works.
    once it boots, everything works perfectly though
    i booted up my xbox with the chip turned off....no problems
    but i have a 1.6b xbox so culd only find 1 bios that worked on it. and it was 'unofficial'
    and help?
    also, when playing games-at random intervals they freeze and i have to restart my xbox and load again-in the same spot next time round it doesnt freeze-but within 10mins of palying, it freezes somewhere else
    does anyone have an official bios that runs well on 1.6b?
    can anyone email it to me?
    thanks

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

yea i soft modded my friends xbox 1.6 b and he has problems like that with some apps evan im not sure how to fix it yet but if i find a way ill write i think it has something todo with the bios and what not
    and it might be that your hacked startup is blocking stuf from booting

3. observent

observent Guest

You might of burned the bios the rong way. witch chip and bios are you using?

4. freq707

freq707 Member

im using an xecutor 2.6ce chip
    with a m8plus bios i think
    its something plus
    but its 'unofficial'
    i get my programmer on monday
    and after searching i found the official bios for 1.6b boxes
    so we will see
    if it fixes the problem ill let you no
    if not then im screwed
    lol

5. theridges

theridges Guest

look click my name and go to my links section i have the all the bios cd's ready to burn....download the pack and extract the X25035 1.6 which is the one that is supposed to be used for your xbox....
    there is be an iso file since your going to have to use the programmer to fix it you will have to extract the actual bios file from the ISO...if you need my help pm me..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2007
  6. freq707

freq707 Member

i didnt have flash bios
    so culdnt use a disk, had to use a programmer
    it works
    first time,the bios wouldnt load the dash
    then i read up a bit more and found evox m8+ cant load from bank 1 if using an xecuter lite chip
    thats what i have.lol
    so i re-re-flashed it to bank 2
    and flash bios 3.03 on bank 1
    all is sweeeeet
    no freezes as of yet,
    made backups of 3 games today,all of which work perfectly-might i add that they are burnt onto 25cent dvd's, and all have worked first go!
    xbox boots straight away
    thanks for help+suggestions guys, hope this can be help to any other follllk who get stuck in the same sitch.

7. LilJo

LilJo Guest

Hi me to I have a huge problem well I think! My xbox load until the screen with the XBOX logo and stop there w/o any error message. Just before I'd remove my avalaunch and multi dash software from it with FTP maybe I deleted an important file? could some1 plz help me fix that. Thanx

8. LilJo

LilJo Guest

PLZ HELP

9. freq707

freq707 Member

maybe try getting the slayers autoinstall 2.7, you format the C drive before it installs, nd if i remember rightly-i may be wrong- i swear there was an option to restore back to factory on that disk
    also,
    did you read i had the same problem for a while?
    it sat there with xbox logo, no error or anything
    found out that because i have a 'lite' chip, and 1.6b xbox that it cant run the bios properly and load the dash if the bios is saved to bank 1-make sure its on bank 2!