1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!! Xbox can't recognize backups, PLZ HELP !!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Max_Power, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Max_Power

Max_Power Guest

Hi everyone.

i just modded my xbox with the xenium ice chip. but the problem is that i just cant play backups. i ftp'd my xbox to the pc, created an iso image with qwix, and burned it with nero. however when i put the backup in the drive and launch the menu the xbox says that it cannot recognize disk. im thinking that maybe the os isnt working or maybe its the dvd drive itself. the chip came pre-flashed so maybe its not the os but im stumped. oh and i burned onto a dvd - r so i know it has enough room for the game. im a major nOOb at this stuff so plz be specific.

Plz respond. Thx in advance.

2. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

ok have you put bios on your chip after you got it? because companies will not mod your xbox with hacked bios they will send it to you with flashbios on it so you can put bios on it yourself. If you have not your not reading the games because you need to get bios and flash them onto your chip then you can put a dashboard on your xbox(kinda like the one that comes up without a disc in but modded) if you have bios and a dashboard you need to either ftp to your xbox and put the game on the hard drive or get px hdd loader and copy the game from the disk to the hdd and see if you can play it off the hdd then you will know if its a burning problem. you should check out out google for xbpx bios and dashboard tutorials

www.xbox-scene.com
    www.teamxecuter.com

3. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

You might wanna try a different dvd-r media. Xbox dvd-drives are mighty picky about the type of media they use, especially cdrs(mine can't read any cdrs).

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

ddrhazy is right
    Id look into sony oem dvd-r or ritek g05 dvd-r
    I have sucess with those on all versions of xbox dvd drive