1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox cd drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Xeno360, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

Okay, I wanna softmod my xbox. Ive previously done this but after a short bit it burned up (my own fault... Left it open and the HD slid on the board and BOOM) well anyways.... I wanna make sure this xbox can use TDK DVD+RW 4X discs... before i go voiding the warrenty for nothing. My other xbox could but im not sure if this has the same drive. I believe its a samsung but maybe not. Doesnt look familiar to me. well heres some pics of my disc drive, A reply would be very helpful. Thanks :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yeah, it's a Samsung drive. My samsung won't read DVD+RW! But I just gave up and haven't tried again. Why do you want to use that type of disc anyway? Any software you need to run should be burned to CD-RW or DVD-R!

3. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

Well, cds arent big enough formats so they wont hold a game thats a few gigs, and i like to write over my other games when im done with them, Can i use any drd rw on it? And... whats the diff between dvd+r and dvd-r? are -r as easy to find as any others?

also while im at it, Can some one refer me to a link to softmod to linux? I Used Ndure - UnleashX before with hot swap, I wanna do the same but do it for linux or w.e

And ONE more question, if i complete a soft mod will just having it softmodded burn up my xbox or will it always run fine like that? Cus now i heard that it can caue an overload or blah blah blah.

-Thanks-

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Softmod will run just as it did before.

DVD-R are cheap as hell, just burn them to that like the rest of us! They play in all DVD drives!

5. Xeno360

Xeno360 Member

O just finished soft modding to unleashX. Okay so now that im done, What are all the formats my disc drive can run? Any re-writables? even if its cd rw? Cus i need to put stuff on my xbox and my router is downstairs comp is upstairs so i cant FTP it... so any help with disc formats? =)

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You could always just move you Xbox to the router for the transfer...

Anyway, the Samsung will read all types of discs, except of course the DVD+RW. Not sure about the DVD-RW!?