1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by marcinder, Sep 14, 2004.

1. marcinder

marcinder Member

Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions.

What is the best (easiest to install) chip for XBox?
    I also still want to be able to play Live games. I understand that copied games cannot be played live, so I would have to purchase the ones I want to play on line. Is that correct?

Thanks,

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

You would have to PURCHASE all the games you wish to back up... otherwise its classed as piracy and you will spend a few years in a 6x6 with bubba.

All the decent chips will allow you to go on xbox live eg xenium ice etc. You can always get solderless chips which are easier to install but they can come loose etc.

I have an aladdin advance which is fairly cheap but it also allows the user ot go onto xbox live.
    Check out the adverts on www.xbox-scene.com for some information on brands and types of chips for sale.

3. marcinder

marcinder Member

When you say that most decent chips will allow me to go online, do you mean with a backed up game?
    Or will they disable themselves and you'll have to use the original?

Thanks,

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

To go online you use the MS dash, which will not read a backed up xbox game. There is no way you can play a backed up xbox game on xbox live.