1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox /computer connection through nic

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by monte530, Feb 12, 2005.

1. monte530

monte530 Guest

I have an xbox chipped and it can play back up copies of my games..
    I want to connect my xbox to my computer thorugh a nic connection.

I was wondering if I should buy a seperate nic card for this connection instead of using my one nic card, which is used for my high speed internet connection.

I ask this because the instructions on setting up my nic for my xbox requires me to change some tcp/ip settings.

Thank you in advance for any comments ..

Monte

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i would buy another nic card. they're like $10 on ebay. unless your dsl/cable modem can be hooked up to your computer via usb (which many do). if it can, hook your modem up w/ the usb and your xbox w/ ethernet thru the nic.

3. monte530

monte530 Guest

no.. my system does not hook up with a USB hook up.
    I have a external modem with a USB hook up from the modem to the cpu through RJ-ends on both ends.
    I went and bought a new nic card today.. and a cross over cable to try to connect them... I am kind of stepping into deep water here, as I am not really certain as to what I am doing from the view that I have not done it before. and I am reading and moving step by step...

thanks for the interest and helpful omment..

Monte

4. monte530

monte530 Guest

Is there anyway to test whether my nic hook up from my pc to my xbox is being read by my xbox?

I am trying to connect to the xbox to transfer files from the game disc.. but I keep getting "timed out" from the FlashFXP program..

I am not certain that my xbox is actually feeling the nudge from the pc.....

I was wondering if there is a program or procedure I can use like a "ping"..

Thanks

Thanks

5. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

you could try to ping from dos, but if that ip address is not working in FlashFXP, then it won't ping in dos. which dash are you using? try going into the network settings there and seeing if it says anything telling you that its connected (like its ip address).

6. monte530

monte530 Guest

I am using Dash 3936 of Evolution X

I went into my evolution X "settings" and use the ip address it listed...
    yet no connection....

7. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

here's what i did: i went into the settings in evox and made the ip and default gateway the same. i put that number into the default gateway in my network settings on my pc and used the ip address of what i think is my nic as the ip in the network settings. i know that may not seem like it makes sense, but it works for me.

8. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

Go to your XboX system settings and make sure everything it looks like this:
    SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = Yes
    Ip = 192.168.0.3
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway =
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0
    You may also have SkipifNoLink and you can set that to No.
    Also verify your [FTP] Section looks like this:
    [FTP]
    Enable = Yes
    Password = xbox
    IGR = No
    Save & Exit and Reboot XboX.
    Now go to your network card's settings and click over Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on 'Properties'
    IP Address: 192.168.0.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway:
    DNS:
    Now connect to host, server or IP: 192.168.0.3 ; username: xbox ; password: xbox
    That's how it should look like.
    Note: If I left empty then nothing comes in. Now remember if evox's IP is 192.168.1.200 then you will set in the TCP/IP properties the same with a number smaller in this case 192.168.1.199

Method 2
    How To FTP using 2 crossovers or 1 crossover and a wireless adapter:
    You will need FlashFXP for this and use crossovers.
    Connect XboX to Router\Hub with crossover and Router\Hub to PC via crossover or Wireless Adapter also make sure you have internet connection through Router\Hub.
    Go to XboX system settings and make sure it looks this:
    Use Static IP = No
    Network Setup = Yes
    You will now see an IP on your TV screen. Connect to it and for 'Username' and 'Password' type "xbox" without the quotations.

That's how it should look like.
    Note: If I left empty then nothing comes in. Now remember if evox's IP is 192.168.1.200 then you will set in the TCP/IP properties the same with a number smaller in this case 192.168.1.199

Method 2
    How To FTP using 2 crossovers or 1 crossover and a wireless adapter:
    You will need FlashFXP for this and use crossovers.
    Connect XboX to Router\Hub with crossover and Router\Hub to PC via crossover or Wireless Adapter also make sure you have internet connection through Router\Hub.
    Go to XboX system settings and make sure it looks this:
    Use Static IP = No
    Network Setup = Yes
    You will now see an IP on your TV screen. Connect to it and for 'Username' and 'Password' type "xbox" without the quotations.