1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX CONNECT TO LAPTOP

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by AA05, Jan 17, 2005.

1. AA05

AA05 Member

Hello
    I am trying to connect my xbox to my laptop. I have a wireless router. And my laptop receives its internet wireless. So if I try to connect my xbox to my laptop with a rj-45 cable directly to my nic card then my wireless internet connection will disconnect. Then I dont have acces to the internet. But I can connect with flashFXP to my xbox but when I try to play XLink Kai I need internet. So does anybody knows how I can remain my internet connection trough wireless and connect my laptop to xbox with a rj-45 cable without losing my internet connection.

Thanks

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

If you are running windows xp on your laptop, here is the steps:
    1. right click on the wireless icon on your tray and select Status (the second option from the top)
    2. On the status window, select Properties (the button on the left bottom)
    3. On the property window, select Advanced Tab (the top right)
    4. On the Wireless Property window, on the second group of text from the top, select the check mark of "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection"
    5. Select "settings" to enable the TCP/UDP port that XLink Kai uses. Default setting of this is disallow any internet traffic.

This will allow your xbox to go XLink Kai through your laptop's internet connection.