1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox constantly freezes, no red lights

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Boston84, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

ive had my 360 for about 3 months now, ive been using it modded for about 2 of those months all of a sudden everything freezes i have the latest firmware. there are no error codes or red lights, i tried the methods on the xbox support page but still nothing, any suggestions or help is appreciated.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

are the games you are playing scratched at all?

3. Boston84

Boston84 Member

ive tried multiple games and sometimes it freezes on the dashboard. Ive removed the harddrive to see if thats a problem but nothing. Ive allowed my xbox 360 to have ventilation. I voided my warranty so i cant send it in, im pissed

4. nickelz34

nickelz34 Guest

That is definatly a hardware error. removing the hdd would not solve this. you may have broken traces on your mother board from the system heating up then cooling down all the time ive had users on my site tell me this same exact problem and it turned out that they had to get a new mobo or fix it with a heat gun (For experianced people).

http://www.i'manidiot.com edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  5. andersg

andersg Regular member

I had the same problem but mine was fix when I played without the hard drive or, for some reason, when it was hooked up to HD with a VGA cable. Then in broke fully about a week after.

6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

what do you think i should do with this? Should i try to sell it for a loss or try to fix it myself?

7. andersg

andersg Regular member

Try to sell it, see what happens. If you try to fix it you could end up making it broke to the point that no one would buy it.
    I had the same thing happen to me and I sold my 360 and 2 games to a guy that said he was gunna try to fix it and mod it for $500 CAD.