1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox = dead

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by mesman21, Apr 18, 2005.

1. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Hey guys i have a really old xbox, one of the firsts that i aquired off a friend who got it off a friend. There has never been an attempted mod or anything but the thing is basicly dead. I figured i could fix it becuase ive fixed 3 before but this one really has me. Basicly, it does nothing when u turn it on except the green led comes on and the fans start. There is zero picture not even the xbox logo comes up. The led stays green 2, it dosent frag or anything else, even when i have both the drives up. It seems to me like its not even doing anything when i turn it on, no noises or anything. My only guess is that it got totaled by a powersurge, but it seems like the power converter is fine. I really i dont know, but anyone else got an idea?

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I doubt it was a powersurge, because your system would not start up at all then most likely if it blew completely. Was the system dropped maybe or just beaten on pretty hard in the past?

How long has this problem been going on for?

I wonder if it is just a video problem on your t.v. or Xbox. Have you tried a different video/audio cable to see if that worked? I know that sounds stupid, but you never know. It is just weird that your Xbox starts up and shows the green light, but there is just no picture on the screen.

I would just say either part this thing out on eBay or sell the whole box on eBay, I bet you could get at least $50 (U.S) for it.

3. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

or you could send it to me for free :)

check that all your cables are plugged in all the way....

***Edit

You think that would be silly, but I bought a "broken" xbox that flashed "red and green" off ebay for $50 and it turns out they just never had a AV cable plugged into it...it worked just fine!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  4. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Lol, yea dont worry ik the cables were in all the way. I tried it on 3 tvs, with 3 diff sets of cables. It does however flash green and orange when they arnt in. As for if it has been droped, quite possibly, like i said im the third owner so i dont know what has happend in the past. You think taking a multimeter to the av plug is worth doing, and comparing to a working one. Thats really all i can think of, the thing looks fine inside, thanks for the ideas though.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

6. peachman

peachman Member

7. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Hey thanks peachman, that sounds exactly like my problem, im gonna try it tomrrow after school, thanks so much for ur help!

8. peachman

peachman Member

Let me know how it worked out

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

That link is not working for me peachman?

10. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Yea the link didnt work for me either, so i just went to the lamma website and clicked the menus according to the hrl address, im gonna try to fix it now!

11. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Sorry to double post but it worked! I didnt think it had a chance but it really worked perfectly. You have to commend llamma they have saved me so many times, and i got to thank peachfuzz as well. I kinda wish i knew how that happened but who cares when u have another working xbox, soo.... anyone want to buy an xbox, lol jk, thanks guys.

12. peachman

peachman Member

Glad it helped.