1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox .dnl files? what the??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Ravoz, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

I just downloaded a game with dnl files around 40 of em with a total size of 1.8gig..how do i make this game playable on my xbox?

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Pick ONE of them, and open them with WinRAR, and extract the ISO out.

People use IsoBuster to split the ISO into all those files to make the files easier to download.

3. group21

group21 Member

Can you PLEASE elaborate on this? I am in the same situation, and cannot find any help. It's driving me nuts.

I have these files:
    dnl-osw.001 through dnl-osw.036
    dnl-osw (MSInfo Document)
    dnl-osw.sfv
    and an .iso file.(When I extract the .iso, the files above come out of it.)

How do I get this to work on my Xbox? Can someone please give a short step by step guide to help us out?

THanks!

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Assuming you have WinRar installed, open WinRar and select the .001 file and click "extract to," this will give you the ISO, which you should burn with DVD Decrypter or Nero.

This is a .nfo file, right click that file, and chose "open with," and choose notepad (put a check mark in "always use the selected program to open this file type." This usually tells you about the release, group, file count, version, what was ripped (if anything), basicly anything of importance will be included.

The SFV (simple file verification) is a file format that stores the CRC32 checksums of files. Basicly it tells you if you have corrupt rar files. If you try to extract your ISO and it stops saying corrupt blah blah, open the SFV with QuickPar or PD SFV or simillar program, it will tell you what rar is bad.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  5. bigvod

bigvod Member

ftp the game to your xbox and open complex tools if the file is rar use the unrar option and select f drive to save the game there that it
    if you have an ISO use iso (something)youll see it under unrar and choose where to save it.you can unrar alot of types of file with it like movie file that are large sizes,and save them to your box or send them back to your cpu simple like that awesome program
    THANK YOU COMPLEX TOOLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. group21

group21 Member

Hey thanks for responses so far, but im still having problems.

I have WinRar but it does no let me extract these files at all. I've tried everything... is there a way for Winrar to recognize these files so it will extact them? I've got all of the filenames selected in the options, but it's still a no go.

Please reply back with some help.

7. group21

group21 Member

Hey thanks for responses so far, but im still having problems.

I have WinRar but it does no let me extract these files at all. I've tried everything... is there a way for Winrar to recognize these files so it will extact them? I've got all of the filenames selected in the options, but it's still a no go.

Please reply back with some help.

8. BR7

BR7 Regular member